Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #1181 
Chesh

Ahh! I brought them their frog on Wednesday, and immediately after came down with an evil stomach flu that has had me laying low. I managed to get in to feed him after class ended on Friday, but have otherwise avoided the school. He seems to be doing well so far, hopefully all goes well on his first weekend alone, and I'll try to nab some shots for the kindy tank thread as soon as I'm feeling better. Reports from my daughter and the teacher say that he was very active all day on Thursday and Friday, so everything seems to be going well!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #1182 
LittleWatty

Yay for froggie! Boo for stomach flu! Sorry to hear you've been down and out. No need to push yourself on our account XD Had I known it was the stomach flu that had you down, I would have waited to ask! lol Get better soon! In the mean time, I'll have to nab more pics to keep your spirits up!

Oh, funny story. Forgot to add this before. While I was at an appointment the other day, my roomie was in the kitchen making some tea. Tintri and the frogs are in the kitchen by the sink. He looked over at them only to find Skinny up on the tips of her toes, and Tintri staring at him through her legs XD He ran over to grab my camera, but by the time he went back, both of them had vanished. I would have loved to see a picture of that, but my mental image is good enough I guess!
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #1183 
LittleWatty

I've been getting into a bad habit of double posting, but I just have to keep updating you guys on my newbies XD Since its been a week, and I'm hoping the little guys are starting to get the hang of things, I put them in their tank. Instead of putting them in Leo's 15 gallon like I had originally planned, I decided to put them in Tintri's 10 gallon. To protect Skinny and Tubby, as well as keep the 10 gallon properly stocked, I moved the oldies to Leo's 15 gallon. It seemed safer that way. The oldies are used to the routine, and are stronger swimmers, so not only can they tolerate the current of the larger tank, but they can handle themselves if Leo or my Danios decide to get nosy. All seems well so far! Fili and Kili (the names for my babies. Fili - stubby toes. Kili - long toes) seem alright in the 10 gallon and have been exploring every crevice they can find. The current doesn't seem to be bugging them, though the height of the tank seems to be giving them a bit of trouble for now. Skinny seems to be enjoying the 15 gallon, and Tubby is back to hiding like his usual self. Might have an update on him when I get pictures up.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #1184 
LittleWatty

Ok, triple post... Sorry guys! XD I feel like I'm hogging the thread. At least its a pic spam this time!

I got a bunch of pictures today, since I moved everyone around. Skinny and Tubby were hiding most of the day, but they seem to like their new home at least somewhat. Both popped their heads out after I turned the lights out (don't worry, I didn't use a flash in those pics. Its a soft light that I use to search the dark areas of my tank for my critters that hide). I had to include a photo of Tubby's tush. It was just too cute to pass up XD

Fili and Kili seem to be loving their new home. Exploring absolutely everywhere. I increased the flow slightly after a few hours to see how they would handle the current as it would normally be. Doesn't seem to bother them one bit, though they do prefer the corners of the tank for getting air.

Going to try feeding tomorrow, hoping all goes well. I might start feeding Skinny and Tubby in the middle of the night, since the other fish slow down at that point and Leo goes to sleep in his little cave.

Edit: and one random pic of my amazing amano shrimp. He survived Sonas' shrimp killing spree, Sonas' dropsy, then surviving in a tank that was about 50F and rather dirty for about a week (after Sonas died, I didn't think any shrimp were left). That's up to and including 2 full tank tear downs and reconstructions. He also survived living with Leo for a few weeks! Now he's in with Tintri and the babies.
Attached Images

Last edited by LittleWatty; 02-10-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #1185 
Chesh

You got some great shots of some adorable lil' froggies there - and wow! Three cheers for SUPER SHRIMP!!! Glad he made it back into civilization. . . O.o What a tough lil' guy!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #1186 
sarahspins

My frogs got a new friend :)

He/she is albino and soooo tiny... smaller than some of my snails (which are Thiara Winteri - very similar to MTS, the bigger ones in this tank are about 1/2" long.. they're all mobbing the remains of an algae wafer tossed in for the otos)
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1187 
LittleWatty

Be careful the albino may be an African Clawed Frog instead of a Dwarf! Sometimes ACF are sold as albino ADF. I believe (but I'm not 100% sure) that the biggest difference when they're young is that the ACF don't have webbing on their front feet. Chesh and Gizmo would know better than me. Pretty sure Gizmo had an actual albino ADF too.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #1188 
sarahspins

It has webbed front feet - so definitely an ADF :)
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1189 
Chesh

SO tiny and PINK! LOL! Yeah, I think Gizzy had/has an albino one also, I've never seen them around here before - ADORABLE!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #1190 
LittleWatty

Awesome! I wish our Petco had albinos. All they've got are ACF. Ah well. I'll have to make due by squeeing at how cute yours is!