Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #11 
pittipuppylove

I've gotten a few different bulb packs from both Walmart and Petco, with mixed results. The andropogeton bulbs seem to do better than the lilies, at least in my experience. I've heard that these companies are really good at sending you new bulbs if you send them your duds with a copy of the receipts, and that the new bulbs are often way more successful than the originals since they're fresh and haven't been sitting on a shelf in questionable conditions for an unknown period of time.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #12 
cdouglas93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
I've gotten a few different bulb packs from both Walmart and Petco, with mixed results. The andropogeton bulbs seem to do better than the lilies, at least in my experience. I've heard that these companies are really good at sending you new bulbs if you send them your duds with a copy of the receipts, and that the new bulbs are often way more successful than the originals since they're fresh and haven't been sitting on a shelf in questionable conditions for an unknown period of time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. I'm hoping this lily bulb grows but if not after 30 days I'll go ahead and mail it back in. Thanks :D
cdouglas93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #13 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have never tried the Walmart plants but I got the most adorable plant ever on Aquabid its a Banana plant and I just love it. After it was in QT for 10 days I put it in my tank and within 3 days it grew the biggest leaf which has a beautiful pattern on it and the shape is also beautiful . Not sure if places like Petco or Petsmart have them but if you can get one you should !!! Perseus also enjoys relaxing under it and or top of the biggest leaf. It was only 2.65 best plant ever. I also got a Ultra Sun light bulb 6500K from Amazon and wow its sure is working great so far my plants seem to be loving it.
Attached Images

Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #14 
Kbud

Cool idea! I didn't know banana plants could grow completely in water...
Kbud is offline   Reply With Quote