Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #11 
MediBedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
The breeder who got the girl (who is a great breeder, very nice) said that she will give you a pair from her spawn using that girl if you would like, down the road once she spawns her, etc. I am believing she will be doing a super red line.. if not, I know she was looking into doing red/whites marbles. :)
That'd be GREAT! if shes doing the super red line and would be willing to give me a pair from her spawn! I really did like that female but I notice the auction ended before the 10th and said auction closed? I didn't know a seller could end an auction before the time was up on the auction if someones already placed a bid? From what I seen it was suppose to end the 10th but it ended a few days before that? I thought I had a few days left to place a bid!!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1360493560

I don't really know how aquabid.com works I've never placed a bid on there before... and would it really cost me 60$ if the auction ends at 23$?

Last edited by MediBedi; 02-09-2013 at 08:20 AM.
MediBedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #12 
Myates

Some auctions there are "buy it now" options.. where for $5 more or so you can just outright skip the auction part and just buy it.

You have to pay for the fish.. and since it's international you will have to pay shipping to the seller of the fish.. that seller will then ship it to another person in the US, in which you pay that person to change the water, repackage it, etc.. you give that person some money to do that for you, then you have to pay for shipping from that person (called a transhipper) to you.. in the winter you would want express which is $35 just for the fish to go from the transhipper in the US to you.

So it's cost of

fish+shipping fee to transhipper+transhipper fee+express delivery.. looking at $58 just for the fish and the delivery within the US.

Why it's best to purchase a few fish at once if you're going to go with overseas breeders/imports.

I personally purchase off of US breeders, or places that do the importing and just charge the price for the fish. Either way you will be spending roughly $45 on a fish if you purchase online within the US - shipping costs (best to always do express) is going to be $30-35.

Not cheap.. and it's not a guarantee the fish you just spent all that money in will even breed. Why I suggest to try with a female that you can get more locally/cheaply first.. just to get the idea of how to raise the fry, etc. But if you do find the right girl you love and you have the money.. then don't let her slip away, can get her and wait on using her.

I'll PM you the breeder's info/link and will also give you a link to a place that you can get quality imports for cheap here in the US..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #13 
MediBedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Some auctions there are "buy it now" options.. where for $5 more or so you can just outright skip the auction part and just buy it.

You have to pay for the fish.. and since it's international you will have to pay shipping to the seller of the fish.. that seller will then ship it to another person in the US, in which you pay that person to change the water, repackage it, etc.. you give that person some money to do that for you, then you have to pay for shipping from that person (called a transhipper) to you.. in the winter you would want express which is $35 just for the fish to go from the transhipper in the US to you.

So it's cost of

fish+shipping fee to transhipper+transhipper fee+express delivery.. looking at $58 just for the fish and the delivery within the US.

Why it's best to purchase a few fish at once if you're going to go with overseas breeders/imports.

I personally purchase off of US breeders, or places that do the importing and just charge the price for the fish. Either way you will be spending roughly $45 on a fish if you purchase online within the US - shipping costs (best to always do express) is going to be $30-35.

Not cheap.. and it's not a guarantee the fish you just spent all that money in will even breed. Why I suggest to try with a female that you can get more locally/cheaply first.. just to get the idea of how to raise the fry, etc. But if you do find the right girl you love and you have the money.. then don't let her slip away, can get her and wait on using her.

I'll PM you the breeder's info/link and will also give you a link to a place that you can get quality imports for cheap here in the US..

Thanks I really appreciate it!
MediBedi is offline   Reply With Quote