Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #11 
Syriiven

It's wierd, when I was little I was very rigid about staying int eh lines and prided myself on it. Now a days I abuse the fact I can scribble over them in digital stuff then erase too much mess afterwards ^^;

I couldn't do much with gels, though I've loved doing simple doodles with them.

BTW I have a slight crush on the fish in your display pic ;] Very handsome boy
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #12 
Fenghuang

That's funny, I use to be the worse offender when it came to scribbling and sketching as a kid. My cousin always laughed at my anime art because it was never clean. I became more and more OCD as I got older. xD

Haha, thanks, many people do. He's purty and my Canon Rebel t2i loves him.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #13 
Syriiven

Paint's my forte. My highschool art teacher had to walk the other direction when she gave me a project to do. Backdrop for a play, so a sheet of canvas 20 by 10 feet, right? OMG I ahd so much fun! Just dumped the bottles on the paper and started splashing and blending as I went. Full on beach seen with crashing waves and a dazzling sunset fading from golden yellow to orange, red to urple then indigo with stars peeking out. Soooo much fun. Used all her paint. I think she might've died a little inside at what it cost int he end, but the results! I wish I hada picture of it. And they've kept it for more plays since, and that's....how old am I..umm....6 years.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #14 
Fenghuang

Must have been awesome. My art teacher in middle school pushed me to paint. We had a rainforest themed cafeteria and I did all the scenery and animals on the wall, but she constantly had to yell at me to go easy on the paint too. I always layered it on too thick, haha.

The Phoenix Down painting in your DA gallery? So so so jealous of your skills. Seriously.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #15 
Syriiven

I had a lot of fun with him =) Midway through a mermaid on a manta on my hallway wall right now ^^ Just as big xD

My teacher knew it was just best to walk away. Aside from having to order new paint, I know she didn't regret me for the job =)
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #16 
Skyewillow

this is my favorite piece so far. I love the GRR of it!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #17 
Syriiven

Lol, thanks Skye ^^
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #18 
Perry the platypus

It took a big hit overnight! I really love it!!! When will you take commissions?
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #19 
Syriiven

Not for a while, Perry. In all honesty I shouldn't have done this piece for myself when I'm still behind on previous commissions.

Unfortunately its difficult to control my muse and generally things get done when she says I should. Or she's just missing entirely and she abandons me.

I dont think I have much of a career with art if I can't force myself to do art. But if it's forced, it's not good art.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #20 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I dont think I have much of a career with art if I can't force myself to do art. But if it's forced, it's not good art.
I agree. That's the reason I rarely enjoy commissions when I do decide to break out the pen and paper, for drawing or even for writing. The only thing I can still do under pressure is the plushies. Even then, that can be difficult.

Sometimes, we have to find our inspiration though, and others, it'll hit us. Patience is key lol

or, sucky people who peeve us off, whichever pays off first!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music bass betta rebel