Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #21 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Exactly, we don't know. So do what you can.

As for the dramatic thing of euthanising, I didn't mean the two bettas IF you can separate them. You were supposed to find homes for them and you didn't. I'd rather end their misery then keep them in toxic sludge, poisoning them and killing them all in the most slow and painful way.
Advise away, your patience with this is very sweet. Has this child ever taken the advice given here?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #22 
Laki

See, has anyone bothered to check the tags for this thread?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #23 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
See, has anyone bothered to check the tags for this thread?
Exactly! It seems she starts threads in order to add stupid tags:

Edit Tags Tags
eeeeep!, gangnam style!!, i'm sexy and i know it!!, pie, watermelons!!!!!!!!!

PLUS she asks her little friends to post dumb tags as well. I've seen that on her wall.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

It's up to MODs and the OP to deal with anything "odd" going on. Again, if you have a problem ignore posts and threads by said OP and contact a MOD with your concerns.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #25 
registereduser

I'll let the MODS tell me what to do. Meanwhile I think there has been enough said here for the mods to think about
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #26 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Exactly, we don't know. So do what you can.

As for the dramatic thing of euthanising, I didn't mean the two bettas IF you can separate them. You were supposed to find homes for them and you didn't. I'd rather end their misery then keep them in toxic sludge, poisoning them and killing them all in the most slow and painful way.
I tried to find homes for them but no one would take them.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #27 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Exactly! It seems she starts threads in order to add stupid tags:

Edit Tags Tags
eeeeep!, gangnam style!!, i'm sexy and i know it!!, pie, watermelons!!!!!!!!!

PLUS she asks her little friends to post dumb tags as well. I've seen that on her wall.
I don't start threads for tags... i sometimes cant think of tags and put random things.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #28 
Saphira101

GUYS!!! She's just a kid!! Be nice, she can't help what her parents do, CUT HER SOME SLACK!!!!!!!!! There's no use getting mad, calling her stupid, or belittling her or her friends JUST because her parents do not understand fishkeeping. If she is 10, then she may dramatize a bit (maybe) but that's no reason to hate her!!!!! She's doing evereything she can. Again, CUT HER SOME SLACK!!!!!!! If you want proof of the tank, look at her albums, she's posted some pictures of it. Please, PLEASE be nice to her. Negative comments don't help AT ALL whatsoever. If anything, They'll just make things worse. She's just a kid.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

No need to rant. We already covered that, and got over that. If this becomes another drama thread I will report it, and I really don't want to do that.

Anyways, I stand by what I said. All but the bettas MUST go. Sell them. Free give away. Euthanize. Anything to be at all humane. And then divide the 5 with aquarium silicone and craft mesh (dry tank, place fish in jars for the day and night) and place back in the two bettas.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #30 
Azurelove

Quote:
Also, I do know stupid parents. It does and can and will happen to probably 9/10 kids in the world at least.
Fixed your statistic :3

I also think killing them is extreme, but honestly there's no other option if her parents won't increase the tank size or get another tank for the betta to be in alone.

EDIT: Killing/giving away/selling all but the bettas seems feasible, I don't know if the divider will work so well. She's a kid, too, so she might not even know how to do what you're saying. Are both the bettas female? People keep a single betta in a 1g, if she keeps up with water changes she could probably just keep them undivided in the 5g. If either of them's a male, then... I dunno x.x Males obviously should never be kept with other bettas. May just have to pick one to get rid of and keep the other one in the 5g alone.

I don't honestly know what to think about the other stuff being said, so I'm just going to respond to the thread's point and try to keep it in-topic. >.>;

Last edited by Azurelove; 02-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
;-;, drama, extreme situation, overstocked tank