Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

No, it's not THAT strong. It's like beer, if you're too close you smell it. Once it's in the water, there's hardly any smell. I dose whenever it's 1ppm or less, like what shellieca said. Make sure it isn't any higher than 5ppm; that will stall your cycle.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #12 
bettaluver14

Red face

eww beer lol beer is so bitter and disgusting. and okay i was just making sure lol and i have a question... the old tank i have my betta in currently(2.5gal) i was going to keep and use for a QT tank for whenever i get new fishies... once zuko is in the new tank and the water from the 2.5 is drained out; if i get 2 tetras and wanna QT them do i have to cycle the 2.5? or can i just add dechlorinated water and i'm good to go? beccause i know the BB's die when things get dry(rhymed!!) so yah?
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, I'm underage of drinking alcohol; I just wondered what it smelt like and sniffed. I regret that because my lungs felt whoozy. @-@

It will be better if the tank is cycled because they're fragile. How many tetras do you have currently? The 2.5G will be overstocked with your betta and tetras. I think a QT tank for the tetras should be 5G minimum.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #14 
bettaluver14

Talking

no no no lol trust me i wouldn't overstock like that! i have 3 tetras for now... getting 2 more in the next week or so. i know 3 is a small group but they seem to be fine and will definitely be happy to meet 2 new QT'd tetra friendies :3 and i do anything to make sure my betta is happy :D including researching bettas everyday hahaa!

the tetras are in a nice size tank i do water changes to it everyday to be careful cause theyre sensitive to ammonia.. they're happy once the new 10gal is nice and cycled i will introduce Zuko first... then a week or maybe 5days later introduce the tetra gang
i'm so pumped!! all i'm waiting for before i start the cycling is to repaint and touch up the tank stand and i will be ready to go!!! i got my new neon gravel,beehive cave,neon cave, leaf bed, and an octopus ornament man this is exciting!!
and do you think if i move the leaf bed and the octopus from zuko's 2.5gal to the 10gal during the cycling process will it speed things up?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #15 
tekkguy

You should always introduce the least aggressives first. If you introduce the beta first, the tank will be his territory and they will be intruders. Put them in first and then add him ... It will go much easier for everyone involved!
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #16 
bettaluver14

okay yah i wasn't sure because if i introduce my VT once the tetras are in... i was nervous they'll nip at him