Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #8271 
BabyFishie202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Lovely tanks everyone! ^.^

I know I've already posted a thread about 'em, but here's my planted tanks as of Friday 8 February:

OMG That is SOOOO Beautiful!!!!
BabyFishie202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #8272 
royal

Agreed!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #8273 
Elsewhere

Pigg and Themis's divided 10g:

Atlas and Artemis's divided 10g:
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #8274 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFishie202 View Post
OMG That is SOOOO Beautiful!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Agreed!
Eep! Thankie! ^.^
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #8275 
FishyFishy89

So the 2.5 didn't work out :P
Kitty saw that Spike was in the living room and her "visits" kept stressing him out and made him take up tail biting again. So I've moved him back to the kitchen in his 5.5 gallon.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #8276 
sunstar93

Elsewhere: I love your tanks! Especially the second one(:

Well, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and add some pictures..

Here is my 1 gallon hex..it looks small from the picture but it's actually bigger than it seems and my CT female in there has plenty of swimming room! (I also keep it very very clean lol).

This is my 1.5 gallon cube...it's currently empty of any decorations (aside from a heater and a small plant, and it's only filled up half way) since I (unexpectedly) took him another betta last night (a cute little double tail). But I plan on decorating it pretty much the same way and it will look very much like this!!

This is my 10 gallon tank as of today, I made the dividers last night (they go almost all the way to the top on the inside of the hood, since my betta in the middle was learning to jump O.O)- the picture doesn't do it much justice, the sections are bigger than they look. They have plenty of space to swim around and explore!
Left: Leo
Middle: Sparky
Right: Toby
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #8277 
MistersMom

Why is it divided like that instead of evenly?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #8278 
sunstar93

I have a king betta in the middle, who is almost twice the size of the other two (a VT and a DeT). So he needs more space than the others(at least that's how I figure it). He's a big boy. And Leo and Toby (the bettas on the end) do better when housed in smaller spaces. Both of them have a tendency to tail bite/shred when they are stressed out and I've come to the conclusion (after many months of experimenting and watching them) that the stress comes from a larger, more open space.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #8279 
FishyFishy89

I think that's way too little space. I'd rather split it evenly or atleast attempt to give them a little more space than to just turn around in.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #8280 
sunstar93

It's a lot bigger in person, much wider and longer. I don't have a real camera and my iPod takes really bad pictures. I measured out the dimensions before I began to make the dividers and I wanted to make sure my king in the middle had enough space as well (since he is very big). It took me a while to figure out how to give each one the right amount of space. Pictures don't do any of my tanks justice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank