Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

Thanks. :)
There was too much light, so her fins were translucent a bit. >.> Make sure to take pics and post them once he's ready!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #12 
aemaki09

They are allowed in international shows, but not in the states, which sucks.

But yes, it was VERY hard! I paid a lot for him, but he was full grown and was impossible to breed so I sent him to a home where he'd be a good pet.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #13 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
They are allowed in international shows, but not in the states, which sucks.

But yes, it was VERY hard! I paid a lot for him, but he was full grown and was impossible to breed so I sent him to a home where he'd be a good pet.

Well, I'm sure he will make his new owners very happy. I have no plans to breed or show mine, so it's all good. Are they that difficult to breed? I have heard that someone else and there really doesn't seem to be that many of them.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #14 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Thanks. :)
There was too much light, so her fins were translucent a bit. >.> Make sure to take pics and post them once he's ready!
I will definitely post some pictures once he is all set up!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #15 
Chard56

I've been showing my Black Orchid Crowntails in the Patterned CT male class (and doing quite well I may add) I would think you could show the BO HM's in the patterned HM class. Division A5: Halfmoon Patterned male in the A16 Multi-color STM (Single Tail Male). My Black Orchids throw Iridescent Blues and Black Steel and I have taken several 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons for them. I just pulled this guy from the spawning tank. He wasn't cooperating to give me some future 1st place ribbons.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #16 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
I've been showing my Black Orchid Crowntails in the Patterned CT male class (and doing quite well I may add) I would think you could show the BO HM's in the patterned HM class. Division A5: Halfmoon Patterned male in the A16 Multi-color STM (Single Tail Male). My Black Orchids throw Iridescent Blues and Black Steel and I have taken several 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons for them. I just pulled this guy from the spawning tank. He wasn't cooperating to give me some future 1st place ribbons.
Well, ribbons or no ribbons, he is still a lovely fish! When I was looking at Bane, my newest, a man was also browsing the fish. I hadn't originally planned on buying one, but I always take a look anyway. He was in the back and I lifted him up and fell in love. I've always been a fan a Black Orchids and I thought that he resembled one. Still trying to resist further, I showed him to the older gentleman, but he promptly said, "Ugh, that's pretty ugly." That was all the motivation I needed and I scooped him up. The man left empty handed, but not before giving me the nickname "Betta girl." Hey, I know me some Bettas and a pretty fish is a pretty fish.