Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #41 
callistra

He needs to be moved into a smaller container where he can reach the surface. if you can get like a plastic kritter keeper and fill it with only a few inches of water that would help him. In this you will need to change it 100% twice daily using the same water from his tank to avoid shock.

I'm not sure more can be done at this point, I'm sorry :(
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #42 
MurrellSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
He needs to be moved into a smaller container where he can reach the surface. if you can get like a plastic kritter keeper and fill it with only a few inches of water that would help him. In this you will need to change it 100% twice daily using the same water from his tank to avoid shock.

I'm not sure more can be done at this point, I'm sorry :(
Thanks, Callistra. Just took him out and put him in a little plastic cup like they come in at the pet store, with about 2-3in water, his tank water. I've got it resting in the tank water near the heater so it will stay warm. He can breathe easily in there, even in his weakened state. We've 'accepted' that he's likely not going to make it, but now he can stay alive as long as he can without us having to be there to constantly catch him and raise him back up.

Once again, thanks for the advice and for caring so much... we've done all we can do.
MurrellSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #43 
MurrellSM

Well, we did everything we could... but our little Oscar passed away a little bit ago. I got to literally hold him in my hand when I picked him up those times, something I've always wished I could do, and we watched his final moments all together; he was a fighter down to the very end. It was really sad, but it is part of life. He lived a wonderful life, and he added an amazing element to our lives as well, memories we'll cherish forever... now he is on his way to fishie heaven to be with all the little loves before him, like Little Fishie, Peleh, Jayhawk, Fireball, Okyanus and Pumpkin.

Rest in peace, Oscar. We love you.

Last edited by MurrellSM; 02-10-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #44 
MurrellSM

I know I've said it several times, but I want to again... thank you to both of you for your help and your caring the past few days, it truly meant a lot to us. You are good souls. I will plan on hanging around here hopefully, as you've truly earned my respect and admiration. Thank you, LittleBlueFishies and Callistra.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #45 
LittleBlueFishlets

I'm sorry for your loss. He had a great life with you, and you did everything possible to try to save him. SIP Oscar.....
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #46 
callistra

Sorry for your loss :(
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote