Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #8281 
MistersMom

Oh, well maybe you could get a couple of 2 gallon tnaks for the 2 little dudes, or maybe a 5 gallon and divide it. @ FishyFishy89 We only see the width not the depth. they have about a 10 inches of space going backwords... still is a little space though.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #8282 
sunstar93

I already have 3 tanks in my dorm. Thats honestly 2 too many and I'm pushing it! So I did the best I could. I promise that they are not in spaces that are too small for them. And the dividers are not perfectly straight- they are wider in the back than in the front
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #8283 
MistersMom

oh lol,i didnt know you were in a dorm. :/ they'll be fine until you graduate im sure.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #8284 
sunstar93

Lol I'm doing the best I can! If it were my way they would all have 5 gallons to themselves haha.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #8285 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Oh, well maybe you could get a couple of 2 gallon tnaks for the 2 little dudes, or maybe a 5 gallon and divide it. @ FishyFishy89 We only see the width not the depth. they have about a 10 inches of space going backwords... still is a little space though.
Yes I am well aware of the depth.
It is still pretty small. It's a 10 gallon tank. Divided the way it is, the guys on the side have less than 2 gallons, possibly close to 1 gallon. Split evenly each fish would have approx 3.5 gallons. And if you still feel that is too small, I'd either purchase a 5 gallon for the king betta and split the 10 in half or put the 2 guys in 2 gal tanks.

ETA: a dorm really does limit your space. But would of been easier if you didn't try to literally squeeze them in.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #8286 
sunstar93

I would but I can't afford any more tanks right now, or heaters or anything (that's why my new fish is currently in a bare tank). And I divided it like that on purpose- I will probably end up changing it anyway because I like to change my tank design often and I want to see what works best. This has only been set up since last night so by next week it may change. I also took the filter and the lights in the hood into consideration- I placed the divders so they would essentially create a barrier for anyone who tries to jump (and I have already seen a couple of attempts by my king male). But my VT stresses easily and the only time he did not bite and shred his tail into nothing was when he was in a 1 gallon QT since November. These spaces are about 1.5 gallons, give or take. They are warped in the middle and back so that they wing in towards the middle section and allow for more swimming room. I do appreciate everyone's comments though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #8287 
stephenhelsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I moved Spike to a 2.5 gallon. He wad been looking quite gloomy since the baby angelfish got here. Hopefully by being in the living room with me he'll be less gloomy
Love the gator skull
stephenhelsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #8288 
stephenhelsel

My wife named him bruce. Lives with 5 guppies, 3 cories, and 2 rams in a20 gal.
Attached Images

stephenhelsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #8289 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Yes I am well aware of the depth.
It is still pretty small. It's a 10 gallon tank. Divided the way it is, the guys on the side have less than 2 gallons, possibly close to 1 gallon. Split evenly each fish would have approx 3.5 gallons. And if you still feel that is too small, I'd either purchase a 5 gallon for the king betta and split the 10 in half or put the 2 guys in 2 gal tanks.

ETA: a dorm really does limit your space. But would of been easier if you didn't try to literally squeeze them in.
You do realize she has a king in the middle? She couldn't divide it equal if she wanted to be fair. That is the perfect amount of room for the boys on the outside they have atleast 1.5 gallons to themselves and she has learned from experience that both boys will be stressed and tail bite if given more than 2 gallons.
She is doing an amazing job. She is giving the king 7 gallons and the vt and det 1.5 each. It's recommended to have anything over 1 gallon per fish, she is giving more. RELAX.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #8290 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
You do realize she has a king in the middle? She couldn't divide it equal if she wanted to be fair. That is the perfect amount of room for the boys on the outside they have atleast 1.5 gallons to themselves and she has learned from experience that both boys will be stressed and tail bite if given more than 2 gallons.
She is doing an amazing job. She is giving the king 7 gallons and the vt and det 1.5 each. It's recommended to have anything over 1 gallon per fish, she is giving more. RELAX.

That's mesh dividers? So they all technically have 10 gallons of water it's just space wise people are concerned about? If the fish are happy and they have clean water I see no issue. It may be narrow but they look like they can turn. My Bubbles had a 20 gallon tank to himself at one point but only used maybe a 2 gallon section of it. He ignored the rest of the tank.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank