Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #11 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettacrazygirl86 View Post
I broke one in half with my finger nail, but she ignored the little crumbs. :( Do they sell smaller betta food? Or is there some other type of food I can give her, if she won't eat the pellets?
New Life Spectrum makes Small Fish Formula pellets and Hikari makes Micro Pellets. My two babies began eating frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp before they started eating the pellets. Slowly I weaned them onto pellets because they have higher nutritional value. Bloodworms have very good protein content though, which is good for growing babies.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #12 
Shadyr

Try the Hikari micro pellets. They come in a pouch, not a jar or can. I get them for my tetras, but the sorority girls have absolutely no qualms about stealing some. Which is fine, cause the bigger tetras have no qualms about returning the favor with the betta pellets.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
New Life Spectrum makes Small Fish Formula pellets and Hikari makes Micro Pellets. My two babies began eating frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp before they started eating the pellets. Slowly I weaned them onto pellets because they have higher nutritional value. Bloodworms have very good protein content though, which is good for growing babies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
Try the Hikari micro pellets. They come in a pouch, not a jar or can. I get them for my tetras, but the sorority girls have absolutely no qualms about stealing some. Which is fine, cause the bigger tetras have no qualms about returning the favor with the betta pellets.
I can only find freeze dried bloodworms. Will those be okay? I'm buying them anyway as a treat, but will they be good to feed her until she gets bigger?
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #14 
mellcrowl

I feed Paris Hikari tropical micro pellets as he has an itty-bitty mouth. They are highly nutritious and very appealing to young bettas and I'd defenetley advise them.
mellcrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #15 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellcrowl View Post
I feed Paris Hikari tropical micro pellets as he has an itty-bitty mouth. They are highly nutritious and very appealing to young bettas and I'd defenetley advise them.
I'll definitely look for them next time I'm near my LFS! Petsmart doesn't have them. :(
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #16 
Viva

Quote:
I can only find freeze dried bloodworms. Will those be okay? I'm buying them anyway as a treat, but will they be good to feed her until she gets bigger?
If you can't get frozen you could try those but try to wean them onto pellets asap.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #17 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
If you can't get frozen you could try those but try to wean them onto pellets asap.
I'm still giving her about 5 crushed up pellets pellets a day, but I give her two of the freeze dried bloodworms too, just because those are easier for her to eat and she seems to like them.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #18 
Shadyr

Quote:
I'll definitely look for them next time I'm near my LFS! Petsmart doesn't have them. :(
Petsmart is where I got mine. They aren't usually with the little cans of food though. Did you ask someone at the store if they carry them?
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #19 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
Petsmart is where I got mine. They aren't usually with the little cans of food though. Did you ask someone at the store if they carry them?
No. :( Last time I was there, it was late and there was hardly anyone around to ask, other than the cashier.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #20 
mellcrowl

Petco is where I get mine, if you live near one they're usually by the baby bettas
mellcrowl is offline   Reply With Quote