Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #11 
Basement Bettas

That video would not be a competitive fish as his colors bleed into one another. I just bred him to a female with a proper banding and am now breeding for that coloring. The pineapple posted here is a very nice fish but will probably not have a place to show fairly because of that band.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

What a gorgeous fish, Sherolyn!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #13 
Basement Bettas

Thanks.. like his form.. hate having good fish with unshowable coloring. So hoping for some nice dragonflys .. lol
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #14 
zommari

She's so beautiful. <3
zommari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #15 
Ambergrisblue

Your bettas are so beautiful. Please let me know if you have or will be getting a mustard gas male betta.

-Ambergris
Ambergrisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #16 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Beautiful! I wish you would ship to Canada!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #17 
Darth

This is EXACTLY why new classes need to come into play at IBC, strains are evolving and setting, this is why the old way of thinking gots to go!!
If the old IBC members thought like they do today, you would have never seen the full moon DT, Or the Halfmoon for that matter.
Tunnel vision for solid colors need to go IBC needs change, still a great organization just needs to be tweaked with some new innovative blood
and fresh Ideas can come forth, and perhaps we will see a Dragon Class also a Veiltail class once more, not sure how they got phased out its been years since I bred and even longer since I was IBC.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #18 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
This is EXACTLY why new classes need to come into play at IBC, strains are evolving and setting, this is why the old way of thinking gots to go!!
If the old IBC members thought like they do today, you would have never seen the full moon DT, Or the Halfmoon for that matter.
Tunnel vision for solid colors need to go IBC needs change, still a great organization just needs to be tweaked with some new innovative blood
and fresh Ideas can come forth, and perhaps we will see a Dragon Class also a Veiltail class once more, not sure how they got phased out its been years since I bred and even longer since I was IBC.
Couldn't agree with this more! Bettas are evolving! We have the dragons, the EE's, a much wider variety of color then ever before and the IBC needs to take a step into the hear and now!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #19 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Darth, that was put absolutely perfectly. It's about time that the organization that runs things in the betta world steps up to the plate and recognizes the advancements that have been made. Orange Dalmatians, dragonscales, veiltails, elephant ears, dragonflys (very much hoping this term catches on-IMO they can be more beautiful then true butterfly's), black lace etc etc, which are all undeniably beautiful fish that one organization says aren't good enough because they don't meet standards that they made. I would love some change.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #20 
Darth

I can tell you who would I would love to see in power and I can guarantee changes will be forth coming, anyone curious?
Send me a PM..I can tell you the proper steps to take..thanks guys for the support of my post, the IBC at this point has many folks just like who are posting here about Veiltails that are an unused resource, I bet if they had a veiltail class attendance at shows would double..Why? because it is far easier to get a veiltail and breed them than it is for a high dollar halfmoon..this is an untapped unused resource, hey, if I am going to belong to an organization and give them my hard earned money, they better LISTEN to what the H@## I have to say and not sluff me off!!!
There is someone on here that doesn't sugar coat everything but I bet she has your best interests at heart, in fact I KNOW IT!!!
And, she needs support she is critical, only because she cares, breeding bettas in any form is to better the strain so please keep this in mind if you get some helpful criticism.
If you want to show a Veil, lets not have 3 mile gaps between the fins and no daffodils or sattelites, the European form is knda like that, not so here when they were at shows.
The less gaps, the better!

Last edited by Darth; 04-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote