Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #16521 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Maybe someone should invent a mommy shower! Its just hard to get excited about it when you have little desire to be a momma like me and a few other members. But I never miss a family shower for close family members. Got to support my sister-in-law it being her first baby. She's eight months and getting scared about the big show. I just can't wait for him to get old enough to really spoil him.

Rant- my anxiety meds aren't working.
It should be a mommy shower more than anything. Had I had one I would've wanted that, a shower focused on me becoming a mummy because a lot of times the mum is kind of forgotten. One of the best pieces of advice I saw was to gift the new parents that first Christmas presents solely focused on them. Don't gift something for the baby.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #16522 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
It should be a mommy shower more than anything. Had I had one I would've wanted that, a shower focused on me becoming a mummy because a lot of times the mum is kind of forgotten. One of the best pieces of advice I saw was to gift the new parents that first Christmas presents solely focused on them. Don't gift something for the baby.
The mom is forgotten. Part of the reason I am leaning toward no kids. I don't want being a mother to be my only identity.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #16523 
Hadoken Kitty

That obnoxious moment when you figure that your answer would be wrong on a test, so you change it, but it was right all along.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #16524 
PaulO

Here comes the rant....unnecessary medicating

Why? I just don't get why some people believe medication is the only choice....There is a reason why we have immune systems and white blood cells and why our dang body produces anti bodies to fight diseases. I mean sure there are times when you need to medicate but I don't understand why people feel a need to medicate for fin rot or god forbid they make a damn laxative for fish...*sorry for the language*

I guess you could chalk it up to being un-informed but isn't that why we are here as a community of fish keepers? We have this wonderful forum but yet nowhere have I seen any topics on medicating. Shouldn't it be our responsibility to help other people learn about all the wonderful NATURAL tools we have to help our fish fight. I am disheartened by how often we turn to pills and medications when instead there are so many natural remedies that DON'T damage your heart or kidneys or have side effects that are worse than the disease you're treating.

I know however there are times when we do need meds like antibiotics for severe infections or people with compromised/weak immune systems, or heck even chemotherapy for people with cancer but these are all SERIOUS diseases. I mean if I am watching television I will see 3-4 commercials for DRUGS(meds). Oh god forbid you have diarrhea here's a medication that forms a plug so you dont poo your pants or heck have gas? heres a med that stops it from coming out...I mean are these things healthy?

I remember when I was 6 or 7 and I had "the runs" for the first time. Guess what my parents did, they handed me a glass of water and told me they would go and make some hot tea and something light like a little bread and butter so I wouldn't go hungry. Anyway can't this be applied to fish, do we have to shove ml after ml of chemicals into our fish just to treat some mild fin rot that will easily clear up with some aquarium salt and nice warm clean water? It's sad I mean we have on each individual page/category multiple stickies made by people who thought "hey this would be good for other people to know", I really wonder how many people click on the disease and emergency page and skip the MULTIPLE STICKIES that post the types of diseases, symptoms, and THE TREATMENTS. Anyway sorry you had to read that that was my rant, I apologize if I offended anyone...

-Paul O
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #16525 
ThePearlFish

I am so sick and tired of feeling so trapped in life.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #16526 
Pataflafla

So I have to be out of my apartment by March 1st, but no places have agreed to our pets or are out of our price range. I literally have no idea where I'm going to go. So there's that stress, and to add more, my land lord was bad enough to not even hand deliver a letter stating that he will be doing a walk through on the 13th after 5 pm. He had the maintenance guy whose brother is an alcoholic deliver it for him at 9 at night.

So he will be here on the 13th after 5pm while I'm at work and my sister is at home, so now we're hoping to have one of our neighbors be our neutral party/safety while he's here because we don't trust either of our landlords.

Last edited by Romad; 02-12-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: language
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #16527 
Hadoken Kitty

Rant: Not sure what's going on, but there has been a storm of attitude among everyone, everywhere lately. Driving me nuts.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #16528 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Rant: Not sure what's going on, but there has been a storm of attitude among everyone, everywhere lately. Driving me nuts.
I have been feeling this from my family lately. They are all stressing out with my sis in laws baby coming in four weeks and two marriages possibly ending. Thankfully my marriage is good for now. It's worrying me though because if my sis in law and my mom in law get divorced they are going to be expecting my husband to do everything for them and I won't tolerate it. They even expect me to watch this baby on every one of my days off. It won't happen. I have a feeling their issues are going to cause us a lot of problems. Sorry that turned in to more of a rant than I wanted. To sum, I noticed it too where I am....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #16529 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I have been feeling this from my family lately. They are all stressing out with my sis in laws baby coming in four weeks and two marriages possibly ending. Thankfully my marriage is good for now. It's worrying me though because if my sis in law and my mom in law get divorced they are going to be expecting my husband to do everything for them and I won't tolerate it. They even expect me to watch this baby on every one of my days off. It won't happen. I have a feeling their issues are going to cause us a lot of problems. Sorry that turned in to more of a rant than I wanted. To sum, I noticed it too where I am....
Put your foot down about the babysitting like yesterday. It is not your baby so you are under no obligation to watch it/babysit. Don't let your hubs cave either or get pulled into the drama. What the hell is it with people having babies and then expecting everyone else to watch them? Its your baby, you watch it! You take care of it! If you want to go to dinner or the club or whatever pay for a babysitter. SMDH
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #16530 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I am so sick and tired of feeling so trapped in life.
Not to sound rude but...Change it.

Tags
bettathanyou