Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #11 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
Doesn't one of your female bettas live in a 5 gallon tank with 8 other fish?
I think you need to get that sorted out before you try to help other's pets...
she's sick. trying to QT so i can ES her
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #12 
Megara

i cant stand people abusing their pets..and u should ALways say something...i dont care how old you are!..that is not the right way to own an animall..the truth is..NOT everyone is suited to take care of another life...i beleive animals are sacred..esp cats...you should definatly tell them they are doing it wrong..and how would they like it if it were done to them..and if they dont stop..KARMA is will MOST certainly catch up...it always does!!!...P.S...You ARe NEVER too Young to have a Voice..use it..stick up for those who cant stick up for them selves!!!!!!
MegZz*
Megara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #13 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
Doesn't one of your female bettas live in a 5 gallon tank with 8 other fish?
I think you need to get that sorted out before you try to help other's pets...
because comments like this are REALLY helpful, and aren't going to do the cat any good... is everything absolutely pristine and perfect in YOUR tanks to start passing judgement??

And Little Fish can worry about their own animals and someone else's at the same time, as long as things at home are being remedied in the process.

It wouldn't be fair to let your own pets fall by the wayside just to save someone else's.

Last edited by SeaHorse; 02-12-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: correction needed
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #14 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
because comments like this are REALLY helpful, and are going to the cat any good... is everything absolutely pristine and perfect in YOUR tanks to start passing judgement??

And Little Fish can worry about their own animals and someone else's at the same time, as long as things at home are being remedied in the process.

It wouldn't be fair to let your own pets fall by the wayside just to save someone else's.
... I am going to get rid of my other fish and Rose is better. also, what's pristine? a
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Pristine means like pure or perfect.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #16 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

You are never to young to have a voice, someone needs to stick up for those who cannot speak for themselves and the fact that you are worried about the cat and want to do something about the way it is being treated just means that you are a caring and compassionate person.

I would talk to your friend first about the way she is treating their pet and then if she takes no notice and continues to be rough with it try talking to her parents, they may not realize what they are doing and if you tell them about it they may keep a closer eye on how your friend and her brother treat the cat.

Never let anyone tell you that you are too young to have an opinion and speak up about it, never let them make out that you will not be taken seriously because of your age because you speaking up just may make a difference to a life and if not at least you have tried your best

Goodluck, I hope your friend and her brother are taking better care of their cat soon
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

Yikes. I think this got a little out of hand.

Here's the deal Little Leaf:

You have a huge heart. The world needs more people like you. I understand where you are coming from. If I were in your position, I would just say something out loud like, "Oh that poor baby!" That way I am not making a stab at the owner, but I am making it clear to them that I empathize with their animal. This allows you to avoid any type of friendship ruining while trying to help an animal in the process. Do keep in mind though that cats are tough creatures, as the first or second poster (I don't remember who since I can't scroll back at this point) stated. I hope this helps. Animals who treat friends badly is always a difficult thing to deal with. If you need any more advice, or just someone to talk to, you can always PM me. I'm no professional, but I always lend an open ear. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #18 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
... I am going to get rid of my other fish and Rose is better. also, what's pristine? a
Hey now. No need to get rid of them. If you can make it work and everyone is happy then I don't see why you can't keep them. Honestly, if your fish are happy then that's what matters, right? You're taking care of them like you're supposed to, so don't let anyone bully you. K?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #19 
Skyewillow

My comment was directed at LaLaLayla's statement, not you, Little Leaf.

However, throwing your hands in the air and just giving up isn't a very good reaction when someone doesn't agree with you, either.

Also, age has nothing to do with caring about animals, and the person who brought up your age was being ridiculous. I've been rescuing animals since I was a toddler, you're never too young to care.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Hey now. No need to get rid of them. If you can make it work and everyone is happy then I don't see why you can't keep them. Honestly, if your fish are happy then that's what matters, right? You're taking care of them like you're supposed to, so don't let anyone bully you. K?
I believe his/her tank is very over and poorly stocked, hence the reason why he/she is getting rid of the fish.

Honestly I can see both sides of the issue. A lot of posts on here from Little Leaf have been about problems stemming from poor fish care. You only have to go back through Little Leaf's posting history to see this.

I also know that it can be hard to see animals being abused and being fairly helpless to do anything. Unfortunately, many people get away with minor neglect and rough treatment of their pets. It usually takes something big such as a pet dying or multiple animals to be abused or starving before authorities will take action.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesomeness, kitty, no ;-;, sorry 4 random tag, yay