Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #11 
callistra

All of my tanks - 2g, 5g, and 10g are standard size glass tanks by Aqueon.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #12 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I'm with Callistra in preferring glass tanks, especially for a new keeper. Petco's dollar-a-gallon sale is a great time to get a standard 10g glass tank cheap. They're pretty cheap even when not on sale.

Heaters and filters can be had on Amazon cheaper than in the store. A desk lamp with a 23W 6500K (Kelvin~the color temp needed for plants) is all you'd need to start.

Cheaper than the 3.5g kit.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #13 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi92 View Post
Hey can anybody let me know what a good tank would be I know the sizes but what brand of tank works bests, also if you could please be specific about what tank it is and where you got it from,

P.s. I think I'm starting off with a smaller tank because this will be my first fish experience. So if the tank you suggest comes in a smaller size please let me know. Thanks
IME, walk around the lighting aisle and see what standars size they offer just in case you need to up date your lightes later and then decide on the tank dimensions and [pick a standra configuration for ease of replacement.

I love my Fluval Spec V but it is hard to get other lightings if I want to one day.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #14 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
IME, walk around the lighting aisle and see what standars size they offer just in case you need to up date your lightes later and then decide on the tank dimensions and [pick a standra configuration for ease of replacement.

I love my Fluval Spec V but it is hard to get other lightings if I want to one day.
There's a really nice Finnex light that fits the Spec V perfectly. Several people on another forum use it. I forget the exact model, but the size is perfect.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #15 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkguy View Post
There's a really nice Finnex light that fits the Spec V perfectly. Several people on another forum use it. I forget the exact model, but the size is perfect.
thanks, is it daylight 50/50?
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #16 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
thanks, is it daylight 50/50?
Not sure. Here's the actual light: http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay...finnex+fugeray

I could link you to some pictures of it installed it on a Spec, but they're on a different forum.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #17 
Catie79

I picked up my 10 gallon at Wal-mart for just a few bucks more than that tank and it's still running great for me. Easier to manage the water parameters and the HOB filter works great with a simple baffle. You'll be happier long term if you get the ten gallon (when you're doing less water changes). They don't really take up too much space.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote