Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #8291 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
You do realize she has a king in the middle? She couldn't divide it equal if she wanted to be fair. That is the perfect amount of room for the boys on the outside they have atleast 1.5 gallons to themselves and she has learned from experience that both boys will be stressed and tail bite if given more than 2 gallons.
She is doing an amazing job. She is giving the king 7 gallons and the vt and det 1.5 each. It's recommended to have anything over 1 gallon per fish, she is giving more. RELAX.
So you're going to give the other fish lack of space just because there's a "king" in the middle? No. I'd like to see a level picture of the tank because those fish on the sides appear to barely have enough room to turn around.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #8292 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
So you're going to give the other fish lack of space just because there's a "king" in the middle? No. I'd like to see a level picture of the tank because those fish on the sides appear to barely have enough room to turn around.
There is more than plenty of room in there for the regular sized boys to turn. They aren't as active as the king is and don't like a lot of space, why would she want to give them more and make the king suffer in return? I don't understand why you are making such a big fuss about it. She has had these boys for a long time and knows how much space they are comfortable with and gave them that amount.
I don't think it's fair for you to critiscise someone because you personally think that her boys don't have enough space. She knows their personalities much better than you do and knows that that is plenty of space for them. She also cares a ton about her fish and if she didn't think there was enough room for them she would have bought another small tank to put them in. But seeing as how she has put them in there I am positive there is plenty of room.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #8293 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
There is more than plenty of room in there for the regular sized boys to turn. They aren't as active as the king is and don't like a lot of space, why would she want to give them more and make the king suffer in return? I don't understand why you are making such a big fuss about it. She has had these boys for a long time and knows how much space they are comfortable with and gave them that amount.
I don't think it's fair for you to critiscise someone because you personally think that her boys don't have enough space. She knows their personalities much better than you do and knows that that is plenty of space for them. She also cares a ton about her fish and if she didn't think there was enough room for them she would have bought another small tank to put them in. But seeing as how she has put them in there I am positive there is plenty of room.
That's good for you. But not for me. I am not making a "big fuss" about it. I would just rather give the fish the space they need that attempt to literally squeeze them in. This is my view, you have your view. You don't need to push me on it.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #8294 
acadialover

Phadyra,
What a great set up...!!! LOVE Hector, he is gorgeous !
so how many gallons ? What are the white plastic things on top ? Are those all live plants ? What is your substrate ? Where did you get the dividers ?
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #8295 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
Phadyra,
so how many gallons ? What are the white plastic things on top ? Are those all live plants ? What is your substrate ? Where did you get the dividers ?
Hector is my little warrior. He's got a lot of attitude for a little fish. Everyone has settled in now though and I rarely see anyone flaring at the others.

It's a 20g long. I made the dividers with black crafting mesh and binding bars I bought from newegg. I prefer their binding bars to the ones I could get in local retail store because they are sturdier. Substrate is Fluorite Black clay. The white things at the top are just white crafting mesh I used to make them little caves light enough to suction cup to the top of the tank for night time sleeping. There is an air pocket in the back of each one and they tend to sleep in there with their little lips at the surface.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #8296 
sunstar93

While I am glad everyone has taken such an interest in the way I divided my tank...I just want to say that I didn't mean to start any debates. And I don't want to add fuel to the fire but sometimes it is hurtful when others criticize my work so bluntly...I really am trying to do the best for my fish. I love them, probably too much seeing as how they are just fish, and am doing the best I can to provide them with a happy existance.

FishyFish89: I do appreciate your concern for my fish and their space, and I understand that the picture makes it seem like my boys barely have room to turn around. If you would like, I can post a better picture from upclose to show that they do in fact have plenty of room.

I have also been PMing aemaki09 for the past few months and she helped me figure out the best type of setup for my boys, based on size and personality and preference...so please don't bash her for anything. She is very knowledgable and helpful.
But my boys on the sides are much smaller. The king is a Half-Giant and is 2 times the size of my delta tail and 3 times the size of my veil tail. That's why he has the most room, because Half-Giants are obviously bigger than regular sized males and require more room.
And this is the happiest I've ever seen my VT. He has nearly died 4 times in the past 5 months and I've done my best to revive him and make him healthy again. And I can't turn down a fish in need; that's the reason why in the past month I've acquired 2 more bettas when I really don't have the space for them. So I've done the best I can, including making my own dividers (because the store ones were pieces of crap) and treating everyone with medicine when I first get them, which I don't even really have money for but have managed to scrape together.

So yes, I realize that to some this may not be an "ideal" setup...but for my 3 boys they are happy. No stress stripes, no tail biting, no fin shredding, no lethargy...nothing. And that's good enough for me. And this may sound harsh but unless someone would prefer to have all 3 of them together without any dividers at all or crammed back into the cups they came in...this is where they are living. If anyone would like to further discuss it with me...please PM me...but I'd really like to not bomb the thread anymore with arguments over a picture of a different type of tank set up.
Thanks.
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #8297 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
Phadyra,
Oh to add yes they are all live plants.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #8298 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar93 View Post
While I am glad everyone has taken such an interest in the way I divided my tank...I just want to say that I didn't mean to start any debates. And I don't want to add fuel to the fire but sometimes it is hurtful when others criticize my work so bluntly...I really am trying to do the best for my fish. I love them, probably too much seeing as how they are just fish, and am doing the best I can to provide them with a happy existance.

FishyFish89: I do appreciate your concern for my fish and their space, and I understand that the picture makes it seem like my boys barely have room to turn around. If you would like, I can post a better picture from upclose to show that they do in fact have plenty of room.

I have also been PMing aemaki09 for the past few months and she helped me figure out the best type of setup for my boys, based on size and personality and preference...so please don't bash her for anything. She is very knowledgable and helpful.
But my boys on the sides are much smaller. The king is a Half-Giant and is 2 times the size of my delta tail and 3 times the size of my veil tail. That's why he has the most room, because Half-Giants are obviously bigger than regular sized males and require more room.
And this is the happiest I've ever seen my VT. He has nearly died 4 times in the past 5 months and I've done my best to revive him and make him healthy again. And I can't turn down a fish in need; that's the reason why in the past month I've acquired 2 more bettas when I really don't have the space for them. So I've done the best I can, including making my own dividers (because the store ones were pieces of crap) and treating everyone with medicine when I first get them, which I don't even really have money for but have managed to scrape together.

So yes, I realize that to some this may not be an "ideal" setup...but for my 3 boys they are happy. No stress stripes, no tail biting, no fin shredding, no lethargy...nothing. And that's good enough for me. And this may sound harsh but unless someone would prefer to have all 3 of them together without any dividers at all or crammed back into the cups they came in...this is where they are living. If anyone would like to further discuss it with me...please PM me...but I'd really like to not bomb the thread anymore with arguments over a picture of a different type of tank set up.
Thanks.
Hey, It's better than a cup! Id rather live in a single wide trailer than a small 5x5 shed yuh know what i mean? Anything is an upgrade from what they had! your doing your best, thats what counts! And on a brighter note, your tanks do look awesome! i have one of those 1.5 cubes too, actually i had 3, now just 2. Please PM me, i'd like to ask you a question.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #8299 
royal

Geez, I wasn't on the forum for a day, and we have a minor uproar! @sunstar, I personally love your setup, and I am a student aswell (not college yet though) I'm glad u said that,and @ fishy fishy we all respect your opinion, but sunstar explained and she has a perfectly valid reason! Please stop criticizing her, tanks.are expensive (we all know that) she can do whatever she wants with what she has.

Please no one take offense,I am just speaking my mind.
P.S. I love fat Amy!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #8300 
Aluka

i understand that she knows her fish, but maybe she should consider giving one of the betta to a friend and divide the 10g into two, giving them all a better life.
Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank