Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #1191 
sarahspins

BTW, I have to admit that I am terribly amused that the itty claws on the back feet are still black.. in my head I'd think that no pigment would make those more transparent as well

Also, on it's head, where my other frogs have a darker patch, it has a white patch, and it looks decidedly brain like... so this frog is now known as.. The Brain (the others are Freckle, Spots, and Pebbles.. we had a Rocky too but he committed froggy suicide when I left the feeding door open on the tank and we found his tiny little dried up body on the floor) I admit I'm not super creative and my kids helped with those names, so at least I got to name one of them now :)

Last edited by sarahspins; 02-11-2013 at 07:39 PM.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #1192 
LittleWatty

Froggie suicide is depressing :( but The Brain is an awesome name XD I'm not too terribly creative either... my older frogs are named Skinny and Tubby for the exact reasons you would guess... My new ones only have more "unique" names because a friend of mine told me to name them after the Hobbit when she found out I had dwarves! I'm tempted to give my fish in the same tank the nickname Bilbo, Gandalf, or Thorin XD
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #1193 
Chesh

Haha, love the names! The Brain. . . next one should be Pinky ;) LOVING the Hobbit theme, too, *giggle*

Mine are Freckles, Speckles, and Spot. Speckles was named by my lil' girlies because of the toddler song - "5 little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log, eating the most delicious flies *YUMYUM* one jumped into the pool where it was nice and cool, now there are 4 speckled frogs" . . . yeah. Lol! The other two kind of just got named to 'match' Heehee. I luff frogums.

**Technically Speckles' name is "Speckles Too" Because our first original ADF passed recently. When we got the newbies, my littlest (2 years old) said "Mommy, I think she should be named Speckles, too!" So, Speckles Too she is - and I suspect that every female ADF I ever own will be named in the honor of my original gal. I miss that lil' brat. . . she was so sweet. . .
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #1194 
LittleWatty

Daww :( *hugs* Specks will forever be enshrined in this thread, and in the memory of those who knew her!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #1195 
sarahspins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I suspect that every female ADF I ever own will be named in the honor of my original gal.
That's awesome.. like Snowball (the cat) on the simpsons :)

I am laughing so hard that we have two frogs with (almost) the same name though.. it makes me wonder how many others there are out there!
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #1196 
SpookyTooth

<Sneaks into topic>

<Squees>

<Sneaks back out>

(Sorry I haven't been around. Loving all the photos and updates!)
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #1197 
Lizdu

Hi y'all! Just giving an update on Mr. Froggy, definitely in line with you guys in the creativity department. :) I hadn't even considered The Hobbit for names, and I love that entire series. I love my little Froggy, and an considering getting another two. That is if the hubs will let me. :) He's doing wonderfully, Mr. Froggy that is. He's growing, and I've seen him shed his skin. Rainbow, the Betta, seems to be bonding with him. Froggy will 'hide' under the anubias lava rock, and Rainbow leans against it. Like he's fully hiding him. They don't nip at each other or flare, so I'm not too concerned. I do have a question though. How are you able to add more than one picture per post? I have the most difficult time doing so.
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #1198 
LittleWatty

Good to hear all's going well Lizdu! If you get two more ADF, you'll have to make sure to quarantine them for 3 months. Your current frog or the new frogs may be hiding the nasty Chytrid fungus, which has a 3 month life span. This is why I'm keeping my new babies and my oldies separate. I know my oldies are clean, but the babies might have it.

As for adding pictures, just use the "Manage Attachments" button on the advanced post page. Choose your first file, upload it. When its uploaded (it'll start a list), do the same thing again with the second picture. Repeat as many times as necessary. If your internet is slow, it'll take a while for the pictures to actually upload, but they'll get there.

Sparky! Long time no see!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #1199 
Lizdu

Thanks LittleWatty. I was planning on getting a new tank just for the two new froggies. I'll have to try that again with the pictures. Everytime one is uploaded, the new one I upload replaces it. Strange me thinks.
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #1200 
LittleWatty

Huh. I've only had that happen if the pictures have the same name, so that might be your problem? My pictures are automatically named 001, 002, 003, etc. when I upload them to my computer, and they're separated into different folders that my camera creates based on the date. If I try to upload a 001 from folder 2/3/13, then I try to upload a 001 from the folder 2/5/13, the second picture replaces the first. That's the only thing I can think of.

Also, are you making sure you hit "upload"? If you just open the picture, they'll replace each other every time.