Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #3591 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
"My boy?" Which one? o.O (unless you weren't talking to me...)

She's very pretty though.
Your avatar picture. She isn't mustard gas but she is the closest I've seen to the look of his tail.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #3592 
ravenwinds

Hadoken Kitty: I don't think it's fin rot, although it might be (kind of hard to tell). That breeder tends to have black edged fins on his mustards and spiky dorsals (is it just me, or are we seeing more and more spiky dorsals?) on his "big fin" line.

Fenghuang: don't get that 1st male listed (the marble orange/green HM male)! He has a pretty pronounced spoon shaped head and although he could just be fat, he looks very bloated and, about 2 steps from pineconing. :( which sucks because his colors are stunning! I agree with aemaki (sorry if I misspelled your name) the last blue marble you put up (in same post as the male I was just writing about.)...she is stunning!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3593 
Crowntails

I was just looking at Aquabid and came across a couple *gorgeous* fish!

Name:  black=white.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  47.6 KB

^^ I really want him omg!
Him too agh!
Just wow isn't he a beauty!
I'll take him too
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #3594 
Fenghuang

That second to last PK has amazing colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaydra View Post
Your avatar picture. She isn't mustard gas but she is the closest I've seen to the look of his tail.
Oh, I see. I'll take that as a compliment then, because she's a very good looking betta. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Fenghuang: don't get that 1st male listed (the marble orange/green HM male)! He has a pretty pronounced spoon shaped head and although he could just be fat, he looks very bloated and, about 2 steps from pineconing. :( which sucks because his colors are stunning! I agree with aemaki (sorry if I misspelled your name) the last blue marble you put up (in same post as the male I was just writing about.)...she is stunning!
Yeah, I realized after posting. Sigh, his colours are unbelievable though.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #3595 
ravenwinds

Yeah, they are...didn't think I would like color combo based on his title description, but he looks like a water colour painting! (yes, i've done that too...only realizing flaw after I posted...at least I haven't purchased it or bid on it AND then realized flaws :)
I try to tell myself to always look twice, then once more (at least)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #3596 
Fenghuang

I'm too nervous to buy from another country. I will be that one person whose fish get lost in transit. Helps that I'm too poor to import anyway.

Girls like this make me wish I could:

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #3597 
Crowntails

That betta is quite a beauty.

I know right, I am afraid that the fish I end up ordering will arrive dead or get lost. I just can't, maybe someday when I got some money on my hands.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #3598 
PiscinePeacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Hadoken Kitty: I don't think it's fin rot, although it might be (kind of hard to tell). That breeder tends to have black edged fins on his mustards and spiky dorsals (is it just me, or are we seeing more and more spiky dorsals?) on his "big fin" line.

A few in one of my newer spawns (the pair in my avatar picture) I noticed they developed those spikey dorsals, though they are not black edged. Neither parent displayed them in an obvious way - so I am guessing somewhere in their lineage it was in there - maybe some crowntail genes in the mix?. I do think they are pretty interesting and cool looking though

Fenghuang & Crowntails: I was also very nervous to buy from another country as well. Seemed so much could go wrong and the time in travel, etc.. but I have now done it several times and the only issues I have had is a couple of fin nippings, but nothing too serious and the most recent one is that I was sent a female that decided to be a male. This was a bummer because I buy in sibling pairs if I can for breeding purposes. So I have been looking and looking and looking for a good replacement. I see that someone posted one of the girls I decided to bid on, she is a purty girl, isn't she! And I think the best match yet I have found so far (so hopefully I will win the auction)!

For me with buying overseas, the most important part was to have a transshipper that communicated well with me so I didn't feel so anxious about the whole process. As I have mentioned previous, Linda Olson does a great job with this - I haven't tried the others yet because I have been happy with Linda and my fish always arrive safe and sound! Lol I sound like an ad for her, but she really is great and was very patient with me being a nervous nelly the first few times! Plus bettas really do travel amazingly well!

There are also some really lovely, more local bettas too - Chard has some beauties I took notice of while perusing the most dangerously tempting AB. I love the gold overlay - just gorgeous Chard!
PiscinePeacocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #3599 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiscinePeacocks View Post
A few in one of my newer spawns (the pair in my avatar picture) I noticed they developed those spikey dorsals, though they are not black edged. Neither parent displayed them in an obvious way - so I am guessing somewhere in their lineage it was in there - maybe some crowntail genes in the mix?. I do think they are pretty interesting and cool looking though

Fenghuang & Crowntails: I was also very nervous to buy from another country as well. Seemed so much could go wrong and the time in travel, etc.. but I have now done it several times and the only issues I have had is a couple of fin nippings, but nothing too serious and the most recent one is that I was sent a female that decided to be a male. This was a bummer because I buy in sibling pairs if I can for breeding purposes. So I have been looking and looking and looking for a good replacement. I see that someone posted one of the girls I decided to bid on, she is a purty girl, isn't she! And I think the best match yet I have found so far (so hopefully I will win the auction)!

For me with buying overseas, the most important part was to have a transshipper that communicated well with me so I didn't feel so anxious about the whole process. As I have mentioned previous, Linda Olson does a great job with this - I haven't tried the others yet because I have been happy with Linda and my fish always arrive safe and sound! Lol I sound like an ad for her, but she really is great and was very patient with me being a nervous nelly the first few times! Plus bettas really do travel amazingly well!

There are also some really lovely, more local bettas too - Chard has some beauties I took notice of while perusing the most dangerously tempting AB. I love the gold overlay - just gorgeous Chard!
I really like Linda Olson as well. She was quick to reply when I was having a heart attack about Odahviing (my most recent fish), and she has worked with me every step of the way about multiple fish being shipped. She's always willing to talk through both email and phone. I haven't gotten a chance to use the other transhippers, but with Linda doing such a good job, and her being the closest to me, I don't see why I would.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #3600 
Signature Farms

I use Linda as well and I'm very pleased. I've only had one fish not make it (something with the heat pack maybe? When he arrived the next day the box was *extremely* warm inside, and his poor baggie was also extremely warm. Warmer than its supposed to be. My luck... That was the guy I was most excited about getting!) she shipped my next guys overnite for free. I wouldn't use anyone else!
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this