Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #3601 
ravenwinds

Yay! I get to join in ads for Linda Olson as well!
She is wonderful and I won't use anyone else, even a couple that are closer to me!
Patient, efficient, and flexible...she is the perfect choice for first timers (and old hands as well :)
I mentioned before that I tried Julie out California once and was less than pleased...she doesn't/didn't communicate well (and this was my 2nd overseas transaction, so I was still a nervous Nellie :) and then she didn't calculate shipping so I had postage due on an Express delivery. I was new and figured that you had to choose the next/closest ship date...which is totally not true! The breeders work with you and will send fish to whatever transhipper you choose...I've even had them hold a fish after I paid (with no additional cost for 3 weeks until Linda's next ship date.
It comes down to knowing that my fish are safe and in the best possible hands with Linda.
PiscinePeacocks:
I don't know if she's still available but sirinut(?)farms had a blue and white marble with green/teal iridescence as well...thought she was gorgeous...looked similar to the girl you have bid on. I do the same thing and try to always buy a sibling female to go with the male!
Note: another breeder with some great bettas is Alex (polukoff)...check out "my bettas for sale!" Thread on this forum...also his girlfriend Bettascapes has awesome fish :)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #3602 
Hadoken Kitty

What I would give for this fish.....

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #3603 
madmonahan

I saw one at PetSmart that looks so much like that one today.
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #3604 
ravenwinds

I was considering that "Floral" betta HM by kaimook but I noticed he's quite a bit spoon headed, so my daughter will be getting the other one she really liked.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #3605 
Fenghuang

No, I do not have a problem. What are you doing about? :S

Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #3606 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
I was considering that "Floral" betta HM by kaimook but I noticed he's quite a bit spoon headed, so my daughter will be getting the other one she really liked.

Yea, I wouldn't breed him. I would only have him for his gorgeous colored fins. Though everyone in this house agrees that I don't need another male. xD
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #3607 
Signature Farms

That yellow one, fourth down, looks like my "Leopard" Betta!
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #3608 
ravenwinds

That's what my mom and husband say to me: "you don't need another one!" "oh no! Not another male!" LOL doesn't stop me too often...the other day I was in Petco and the staff was very busy w/customers that they just stopped in the middle of unloading boxes.
So, I walk by the fish counter where they bag your fish, etc...and there were like 25 tiny bags on the counter. They were like someone herded the fish into a corner of a bag and then heat sealed it off (like you do with a food saver at home). So inside these triangular shaped little sacks (where ALL edges/ sides were heat sealed) was a tiny bit of blue water (probably methyline blue medication) and one betta! Even when no one was moving the sacks, the bettas were constantly squirming in order to be covered in water!
The worst was watching like four of the sacks and realizing that they contained king bettas which are about 2inches long and very "hefty" in the body: only about HALF of the betta could be covered in the water at one time! Although at least my Petco puts the king bettas in a community tank with only a couple other fish.
The guy who helped me was cool and tried to do his best for his department but they aren't given much time or incentive to do right...its so sad...
So, of course I rescued one of these fish: a gorgeous turquoise/teal/royal blue BF HMDT...he looks like an exotic flower with his double tail creating another petal and his body and fin color ranges from turquoise to teal to green to royal blue with a black head and a quarter inch of white finishes off the edges of all his fins! I think someone wasn't looking when they consigned him to a Petco shipment...he is darn near perfect in conformation and he's very symmetrical!
The first thing my family starts on is "not another one!" Then I tell them the story and they're like "oh, poor things!" And then I show them this fish and they all stop talking because he just doesn't fit in the "not another one!" Category! :)
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #3609 
ravenwinds

I forgot to say: Fenghuang...how do you find these beauties? That second one down..WOW! Maybe he's not so symmetrical and he doesn't look perfect conformation wise...but his colors!! It's like he a thin stripe of every color imaginable in his fins...he's a Monet watercolor! Gorgeous.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #3610 
Fenghuang

That's actually exactly what I was thinking! He's like a piece of artwork. Just went up yesterday. He's an Aquastar71 fish.

Do you have a picture of your lucky Petco find? He sounds very pretty.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this