betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #11 
Aluka

i would keep a school of neon tetras =) they are so prettttty
Aluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #12 
firefox1984

Dwarf Puffer's and Bettas

Thank you all for the information on the puffer fish. Now another question I was reading online about betta behavior and would like to know. Will betta attack my fancy guppys because they resemble smaller versions of male bettas?
firefox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #13 
Crowntails

Don't do the ADFs. The betta will most likely steal all of its food because ADFs are slow at grabbing their food where as a betta can snap it right up. These aren't appropriate tanks makes despite the usual recommendation. The frogs will end up starving. ADFs should only be kept in species only tanks IMO.

That's what I think.

Also, when getting Endler's, make sure your only get males because they will explode with babies if you get mixed genders. I don't believe bettas are good tank makes with Endler's because Endler's are so brightly colored, the betta may attack it, thinking its another male.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #14 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox1984 View Post
Thank you all for the information on the puffer fish. Now another question I was reading online about betta behavior and would like to know. Will betta attack my fancy guppys because they resemble smaller versions of male bettas?
Yes, your betta will attack them. Don't put them together.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #15 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntails View Post

Also, when getting Endler's, make sure your only get males because they will explode with babies if you get mixed genders. I don't believe bettas are good tank makes with Endler's because Endler's are so brightly colored, the betta may attack it, thinking its another male.
I've never had that problem. The male Endlers are so small that the bettas don't seem to feel threatened. Of course, it is betta-dependent.

As I mentioned earlier, a betta is actually pretty good population control. :) Without some sort of fish to eat the babies, though, you will have a spurt in population, as, unlike guppies, Endlers don't usually eat their own young. Their mouths are too little.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote