Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #1 
otter

5 female betta need good home *free* San Francisco area

Hello everyone!
I have 5 female betta that I can no longer take care of :(
I rescued them from gruesome conditions at PetSmart, and have had them for about 5 months.
They are all healthy, active and very sweet!

I live in the Monterey Bay/ San Francisco area, and unfortunately I have no idea on how to ship these girls, so pick up would be preferred.
If you really have your eye on them, and will pay shipping, I may be able to get them to you!

I would really love for someone to give them a good home, because I'm not sure where they will go if nobody takes them :( I may have to give them to my lfs, but they do not care for their betta very well there, so I am trying to avoid that option.

Thank you for looking :)
Please reply or PM me if you are interested.
Oh yes and they are free to a good home!

Moomin is a very playful red female who jumps out of the aquarium often. Lid is needed!

Totoro is a large navy and red female, who likes to be in charge.

Lilo is a blue fishy with a black face whom I have had the longest -- 2 years perhaps.

Riceball is multicolored with a mostly white body. She is very playful and cute!

Panda is cream colored with black eyes. When I saw her in PetSmart, I just couldn't stand to leave her. She was very small when she first came home, now she is very chunky.

They are stealing the cory cat's dinner here ^^

Moomin checking out my finger ^^

Moomin ^^
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #2 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Did you try Craigslist? I rehomed my fish 2 days ago because I am moving across the country, flying, not driving, and I decided it would be worth a try on CL. (I lived in SF for 7 years, too bad the timing is off because I would totally love them if I lived there still!)

I put up an ad saying that they were free to a good home and that I preferred someone who either knows about fish or bettas and wasn't going to put them in a cold tiny bowl with no filter.

I got some very nice responses. I also threw in some free plants and extra equipment and decor as a kind of "thank you" for adopting my fish. They are mostly going in community tanks, 10 to 36 gallons, heated, filtered of course, and to real "fish people".

You might have some luck with that.

Meet them in a public place like Petco parking lot, during the day, just to be safe, and with a friend.

Also give it a day or so to wait for the best response. It took a day or two for me to get some of the best real "betta people" to notice my ad.

Good luck!

Last edited by mursey; 02-13-2013 at 04:50 AM. Reason: spelling/typo
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote