Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #231 
Sparrowhawk

BAM! Signed. XD

Also got le boyfraaaan to sign. ^.^

Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 02-10-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #232 
Sparrowhawk

Gah, can't edit my post again! Well that sucks. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I've shared the link to your petition on Facebook. I'm not too sure if anyone will actually sign it, but it's out there to a bunch more people at least.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #233 
Syriiven

Signed!!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #234 
AyalaCookiejar

Thanks, guys :) I'm in my graphic design class right now...

AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #235 
AyalaCookiejar

And still.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #236 
AyalaCookiejar

So I went out to KFC (my old job) today and talk to Chet (the manager) and I'm gonna start working there again after March 6. I'm putting in my two weeks at my current job tomorrow. I'm pretty happy. I work at a nursing home and it pays better but I'm just miserable there. It just doesn't fit my personality at all.

I like to think Chet and I are pretty close. When I left in June, he said he would rehire me any time if I needed to come back. He wasn't kidding. He also said he'd hire my boyfriend, who has had a hard time finding a job since his work history isn't too impressive. Hopefully he'll stick to it and get a good reference this time for future jobs. I won't start til after March 6 because I am putting in my 2 weeks resignation and I want Febuary 27-March 5 off for my birthday. My birthday is the 27th and spring break is the 28th-5th. I'll be 18 and its been awhile since I've had a vacation or done anything for my birthday. It's a KFC/Taco Bell and they just got Baja Mountain Dew today and its AMAZING lol. + free pop and food. :D

I like the small family we have at KFC. It's much better for me than the 450+ employees at the nursing home/hospital/other facilities that are all one organization. I don't know hardly any of the employees there and I still know almost all of the employees at KFC. Plus, my current manager treats me like I'm an ant and am insignificant because I'm at the bottom of the ladder. I just don't like being treated like that.

I'll be going to the cat shelter to volunteer in an hour then after will do DaBaDee and Bahari's water changes. I've worked out a schedule.
Monday - DaBaDee & Bahari
Tuesday - the girls
Wednesday - my brothers tank (someone has to)
Thursday - the girls
Friday - DaBaDee & Bahari
Saturday - the girls (plus a different type of pellet to switch things up)
Sunday - the girls (and freeze dried BW treats)

The girls need a water change every other day at least, Bahari needs twice a week, and my brothers tank is fully cycled (and I think DaBaDee's is too, but I like to be on the safe side).

Doing tests on my cycling tank + Bahari + DaBaDees tank takes so long, lol. I think I need to get another test kit so I can test the cycling tank for Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates and DaBaDee and Bahari's tank for ammonia and nitrite at the same time xD I always set a timer for 5 minutes on my phone then have to add another 3 since the nitrate test takes longer and I do all the shaking bottles and stuff while the other tests are developing.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #237 
AyalaCookiejar

I went to my current job to put in my two weeks and my supervisor wasn't even there -_- I left a note because I don't want to be working on my birthday and its 2 weeks from tomorrow. If she's gone again tomorrow, I won't be able to talk to her again until next Wednesday since she leaves at 3:30 and I get out of school at 3:20 on regular days and 2 on Wednesdays (also got out at 2 today because of parent teacher conferences).

I also got all my paperwork for KFC done today and so did my boyfriend. He'll start this weekend and I start on March 6. I don't know how this will work out.

DaBaDee had another long white stringy poo yesterday since I've been feeding him meds and I can't figure out why Bahari is so bloated and buoyant. I feed him medicated pellets but I can't feed him too much since he's so bloated. The girls are still doing amazing, though. :)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #238 
AyalaCookiejar

I am so incredibly stressed out with work, switching jobs, college classes, sick fish, moving tanks, and my cousin had her baby yesterday and I'm always the designated photographer for family events and such. I have a big project due tomorrow and next week for school. The site I am using for tomorrow's assignment is messing up and I haven't even started the one for next week.

I don't think my sorority will be started for awhile. I need to write an essay for the Henry Doorly Zoo in hopes of being able to shadow there, all my scholarship papers are due Friday, I still don't have letters of recommendation. Ugh.

I'm ready for my senior year to be over. This sucks.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #239 
AyalaCookiejar

Update:
DaBaDee looks much happier now. He's less lethargic, more responsive, isn't floating uncontrollably and does a wiggle dance every time he sees me without the "sad eyes", although he still looks kind of pale/see through.
Bahari's buoyancy/bloating issues are less severe and he's still harder than heck to feed. A few days ago he actually had no buoyancy issues at all. I've been soaking DaBaDees food in metro and VitaChem and soaking Bahari's in metro, Kanaplex and VitaChem. All of them now have VitaChem added to their water, including my brothers tank.
The girls are great. Absolutely no issues with them, thank god, and I think they do a good job entertaining each other so I can spend a bit more time with my sick boys. I really love how Lotus's colors and finnage has turned out. She's a HM and my boys are VT & CT so I think it has something to do with never having a HM before, lol. The girls look like they are getting more fond of my finger and I'm preparing for them to start jumping like Okami used to. Not sure if its an age/size factor since Okami was older and larger, but they just look like they're about ready to pounce during feeding times.

Another note - the empty cycling tank is the one right next to my bed (probably should have put DaBaDees there instead) and OMG IT NEEDS TO HURRY UP AND CYCLE BECAUSE I WANT A FISH TO SLEEP NEXT TO AND WAKE UP TO DOING A WIGGLE DANCE.

That is all.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #240 
Sparrowhawk

So glad to hear that everyone's doing better! ^.^