Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #21 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Yikes. I think this got a little out of hand.

Here's the deal Little Leaf:

You have a huge heart. The world needs more people like you. I understand where you are coming from. If I were in your position, I would just say something out loud like, "Oh that poor baby!" That way I am not making a stab at the owner, but I am making it clear to them that I empathize with their animal. This allows you to avoid any type of friendship ruining while trying to help an animal in the process. Do keep in mind though that cats are tough creatures, as the first or second poster (I don't remember who since I can't scroll back at this point) stated. I hope this helps. Animals who treat friends badly is always a difficult thing to deal with. If you need any more advice, or just someone to talk to, you can always PM me. I'm no professional, but I always lend an open ear. (:
Thanks. also, even though Danielle's cat bit me a few months ago, I still want to help it. I'm probably going to follow your advice and chat with her and I'll post the result of the chat here.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #22 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Hey now. No need to get rid of them. If you can make it work and everyone is happy then I don't see why you can't keep them. Honestly, if your fish are happy then that's what matters, right? You're taking care of them like you're supposed to, so don't let anyone bully you. K?
But my fishtank is overstocked. my dad just bought me 2 otos tonight...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #23 
Hadoken Kitty

Your family sounds amazingly kind and thoughtful for you Little Leaf. Have you thought about having them buy you a larger tank, instead of more fish? Maybe you could ask them to do so? If not, I know that pet stores will buy them from you, especially smaller, local pet stores.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #24 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Your family sounds amazingly kind and thoughtful for you Little Leaf. Have you thought about having them buy you a larger tank, instead of more fish? Maybe you could ask them to do so? If not, I know that pet stores will buy them from you, especially smaller, local pet stores.
okay. I'll try. I nearly gave away some fish today but couldn't find water conditioner. I was so close
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #25 
Little Leaf

During the chat, Danielle decided to ignore my questions and change the topic...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #26 
Hadoken Kitty

Well, the most that you can do is try. It's good that you're trying, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #27 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
Even though Danielle's cat bit me a few months ago, I still want to help it.
For me, bites are no biggie. My kitties "play-nip" me all the time, it doesn't really hurt. However, this cat does seem awfully mistreated. Hope you can help it!
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #28 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
For me, bites are no biggie. My kitties "play-nip" me all the time, it doesn't really hurt. However, this cat does seem awfully mistreated. Hope you can help it!
I'm trying my best, but Danielle seems to be making lies. I'm pretty suspicious. she says her cat is 1 year old (in cat years) and I've looked up pictures of 1 year old cats (cat years) and they look bigger than Danielle's. I'm somewhat concerned if she's lying about the diet, too... people can be hard to trust
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #29 
Hadoken Kitty

Cats can be different sizes. My cat is awfully small for her size. I love her, though. She's fat now that she's in my mom's care, but she's still a happy kitty. My papillon is small for his breed, my lab is small for hers, and Dovahkiin is small for a betta. She may not be lying. We learn to give the benefit of the doubt for a reason. (:
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #30 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Cats can be different sizes. My cat is awfully small for her size. I love her, though. She's fat now that she's in my mom's care, but she's still a happy kitty. My papillon is small for his breed, my lab is small for hers, and Dovahkiin is small for a betta. She may not be lying. We learn to give the benefit of the doubt for a reason. (:
Oh. well Danielle lies to me alot so i wasnt too sure :/

Tags
awesomeness, kitty, no ;-;, sorry 4 random tag, yay