Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #1 
Kiyi

Holy Muffins (Legend of Zelda)

(Warning, I kinda go on a rant on how I wish I had become addicted to a game when I was younger, instead of just now. Lol!)

So, recently I've been plagued with an obsession with the game series Legend of Zelda.

I played a little was I was young, so young in fact (around 9-10), I got stuck at the beginning of most games, haha. I tried. Anyway, after watching a favorite youtuber let's play on Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, I realized what I'd been missing all these years! I suddenly saw the series in a new light, and after all the memories coming back of trying to play Ocarina of time, and Majora's Mask, I just HAD to play them again. My Dad tried to get me into them, but I was just not as much of a gamer then as I am now. I'm 18 now! Better late than never I suppose! xD

After some research I realized I had played these game on gamecube, with the Collector's Edition of Legend of Zelda. I looked where I had my gamecube stored, and couldn't find that particular game, no biggie right? Gamecube games don't cost that much these days right?

WRONG. After looking up on amazon/ebay, I found the lowest people were selling that particular game for was 50$! Sealed/new cost 200$! I couldn't possibly spend that much in good conscious.

So, I texted my Dad. I thought that maybe the game had ended up with him after my parents split. At first he didn't know. (AKA didn't want to look at that moment lol.) Then, today he texted that he had found it! Sweet awesomeness! I almost jumped for joy, he's going to try and bring it up later. :D

So of course he's going to let me borrow it. I'm going to treat that game like it's royalty. Now I just have to find Wind Waker/Twilight Princess. xD Ugh, it almost seems as if these game have just avoided me. I tried to rent Wind Waker a long long time ago, but someone broke the rental place's copy of it, and they only had one. I was so disappointed that day that I kinda overlooked twilight princess. I remember thinking: "That one looks kinda cool, but would dad let me rent it? It looks kinda dark." I never asked. Big mistake, haha.
Kiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 
thekinetic

Lol I still have the Nes version, and oricle of seasons for GBC. XD
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #3 
Kiyi

Haha, my parents never got a Nes, my Dad was more into computers at the time I think. We skipped all the early Nintendo systems and went straight to Sega Genesis and Playstation. I had a GBC, but I only had Pokemon games for it, soo... xD
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #4 
stareyes

Zelda is such an awesome game! It is one of the main reasons I have kept my N64 all these years :) I have lost track of how many Zelda games I actually own now...but my goodness they are addicting!!
stareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #5 
Sugarbeet

Oh man, snap up Wind Waker if you can find it cheap. It's easily my favorite one, and looking it up on Amazon just know nearly made me faint. $50 for a used copy??? It's so colorful and pretty, though, and I spent hours just sailing around and exploring.
Sugarbeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #6 
Kiyi

I know! I played the Wind Waker 20 minute demo for hours upon hours. I've tried looking around for a cheap used copy, but no luck yet. I'll find it somewhere, haha.

I bought Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess for the Wii the other day. I regret nothing. :D My Mom gets an employee discount at the store I bought them from, so only 60$ for both. :3

I have a lot of gaming to do now... Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and The Original Zelda if I'm bored enough, haha.

I'll find Windwaker somehow.

On another note, my desk is getting crowded, since I now have my PS3, the family Wii, and Gamecube, plus all my games on it. xD
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #7 
thekinetic

In my opinion the best ones were the original for NES and ocarina of time for N64.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #8 
Kiyi

Yeah? The first of a series someone plays is usually their favorite. xD I don't really have a favorite YET. I definitely played Ocarina of time, and the Wind Waker demo the most though. But I never made it past Kakariko village on Ocarina of time when I was younger, so... (Past that on my save now though!)

I'm a sucker for new graphics, and have a hard time going backwards to games, hehe.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #9 
GoodMorning

first played Link's Awakening DX on the gameboy color when i was like 12. I remember i was stuck in the forest until my friend told me you had to spray powder on the raccoon, lol. Favorite has got to be Ocarina of Time on the N64, a lot of tears, blood, and sweat went into exploring that game, lol. If you like zelda, you should consider Final Fantasy....good childhood memories, mmmm....
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #10 
Gale

A Link to the Past, Ocarina of time & Twilight Princess are my faves. I'll never forget getting my pre ordered gold OoT cartridge. I had minor surgery at the time, so I wound up playing that game for days on end while I healed up. Never got bored in the least.

All this talk makes me want to play through again.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote