Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 AM   #11 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
I don't have one but these are all beautiful!
Thanks! If you want a simple easy low maintenance tank I highly recommend these Spec tanks. Great build quality, made out of glass, and parts are easily found at Petco/Petsmart/LFS.
Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #12 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2KiEu View Post
I'm loving my new Fluval Spec III. Just wanted a place for Spec owners to show off, share their problems, mods, thoughts, and experience with these amazing little all in one tanks. Calling out all Spec owners, where you at?!?!!!
Did you replace the stock LED with a Fluval CFL lamp?
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Mini-Po...I25QJJ8SL3BJOU
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #13 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
Did you replace the stock LED with a Fluval CFL lamp?
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Mini-Po...I25QJJ8SL3BJOU

Yes I did. That exact same one. $24.96 is a great price for it! Are you planning on getting it also?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #14 
Otterfun

Thinking about it just got a Spec II on sale for my RCS, did not care for the looks of the round light too much. There is an EcoPico LED thAt I like on MarineDepot, but not sure how functional it is...
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #15 
Otterfun

Spec V on sale at PetCo $63.99 free shipping
http://www.petco.com/product/121503/...20Black-121503
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #16 
BasilBetta87

Thought I'd join the party. Spec II with Fluval 13 watt lamp.

BasilBetta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #17 
Surferjo

After my last Betta died (had him for 2 years in a 1 gal bubble bowl from Wal-Mart) I decided to go a little bigger and filtered. This photo was taken while I was cycling the spec. Sadly every plant I purchased was not fully submersible and have all been replaced.

After a few months i started to get the itch for another Betta so i took out my old bubble and put one in there again. Than i rescued a baby from Petco and was up to 3 tanks. I really was not happy about 3 separate water changed so i took the filter idea from the Spec and built my own custom tank (inspired by the spec filter cavity and water return system.

This is my current build. its basically a long spec. You can see the filter cavity on the far right. I run my return under the gems to the far left partition where its released into a small chamber that baffles it out with less current than a sponge filter. From there the water is gently drawn across all 4 partitions through the holes and back into the filter cavity. I have the heater in the pump cavity so the return water is heated. Tank stays at 80 across all 4 paritiions.

You can see the fluval spec pump and a peice of the rubber tubing that i repurposed. Again this is an older pic.
Surferjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #18 
Saphira101

I don't have a fluval spec. (Yet)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #19 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
Thinking about it just got a Spec II on sale for my RCS, did not care for the looks of the round light too much. There is an EcoPico LED thAt I like on MarineDepot, but not sure how functional it is...

Congrats on the Spec II. Post pics of it once it's setup. I like the slim design of the EcoPico LEDs also. For saltwater reef tanks people buy 2 extra LED strips and add them on, but that would end up costing about $100 for the setup, which I can't afford. lol. Plus I don't think freshwater plants need that much light either.

I'll sell you my LED light that came with my Spec III. It's brand new in the box still. PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #20 
Mr2KiEu

Surferjo: Nice custom tank! I like the design with the return at the bottom. You should patent that idea before Fluval sees it and steals and uses it on their next Betta Spec tank. lol

Saphira101:Like Otterfun said, It's on sale now at Petco.
Spec II: $44.99
Spec III: $56.39
Spec V: $63.99

Do it, Do it, Do it......no peer pressure here.....lol

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec