Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #1211 
LittleWatty

True, true... h'm... I'd probably just put them in there anyway (except maybe the kindy tank frog) because I just love them that much, hehe.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #1212 
LittleWatty

Tubby is MIA :( I haven't seen since I last fed them (about 3 days ago, had to fast Leo and I didn't want him getting their food), even when I do my nightly check-in when the lights have been out for a few hours. I just spent the last 20 min checking every nook and cranny, but he's nowhere to be found >.< I'm going to be feeding Skinny tonight in a few hours, so I'm hoping he shows up then... I would just like to know where he's hiding so I can make sure he gets some food.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #1213 
Chesh

Oh no! Tubby! I hope you find him soon, safe and sound and happily hidden somewhere. This isn't the first time he's pulled a disappearing act, so hopefully all is okay.

I've never lost any of my frogs. . . though I can see how it could happen, lol! I 'misplace' them from time to time, but I always find them pretty quickly - as often as not they were out in the open practicing how to be a plant. Amazing how GOOD these babies are at camouflage and hiding in plain sight..

Specks in the Kindy tank likes to hide in the rock pile, which drives me nuts because I don't have a lot of time to feed him before class starts. Usually he comes right out when he smells food in the water, though. . .

It must be sooo nerve-wracking when you don't see one of your buddies for days on end. . . he's probably giving you the silent treatment for with-holding his dinner! . . . like a fat kid and cake!
I hope The Tubster is found soon. . . please let us know! I'm worried for him!

Last edited by Chesh; 02-17-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #1214 
LittleWatty

Last night was a complete and utter pain in my frog world >.<

Well, after a paranoid night's sleep, I um... put together a "search party" and tore apart the 15 gallon XD Considering it had been 4 days since seeing him this morning, I was really frantic about finding him. He'd never been missing this long, and he's never missed a feeding! After about 10 min, I found him. He had wedged himself into some crevice inside the resin tree stump. He wasn't stuck or anything, just showing me why he's the world champ at Hide n' Seek. Put the tank back together in about an hour. First thing I reconstructed was the cave on the right, and I immediately moved the frogs in there so they'd be more comfortable while I put the rest of the tank together (and I wouldn't be worried about falling gravel injuring them). Skinny loves pretending she's a plant. Sometimes she even makes me jump a little when there's sudden movement out of the corner of my eye XD

Then, as I was feeding them last night, Tintri decided to be an absolute PUNK (using kinder words than I did last night). I always cup him, put a top on, then float him in his tank while I feed the frogs. especially now that he's with newbies. However, last night he pulled a Houdini. SOMEHOW he got out of his cup (which had a top on it that didn't fall off!) and ate ALL of the food I left for the frogs. Gah >.< Fattest I've seen him since I started the cup routine. Hoping my babies got some food, since I put a little in the log they like to hide in.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #1215 
Chesh

So glad you found him!!! I'd have torn the tank apart after 4 days, too - I'd have torn the tank apart after one, since I've never lost a frog, lol! I'm just glad he's okay. Are you going to screen off the bottom of the ornament to keep him out of it? Or just keep in mind that he's a punk and likes to hide there. . .

Frecks has a wonderful time pretending to be a plant, too - and in the 55g. . . there's a LOT of plants to choose from! He also enjoys pretending to be a piece of driftwood and masquerading as rocks, lol. They really are AMAZING at hiding in plain sight, little ninja frogs - their coloration is somehow perfect to blend in with anything, even though they don't actually match, and you can see the way they do their zen thing - it really puts them at those . . .naturally odd angles and allows them to really pull off becoming one with the plants, love it!

Dunno if any of you visit my 55g thread, but I put a video up the other day of the rams defending their nest. Some silly frog footage in there, especially in the beginning, you can see my confused parents pushing him out of their way as he comes too close to the nest and pulls an 'I'm not here, I'm ZEN!' move. . . too cute!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #1216 
LittleWatty

Something's wrong with Kili! I walked over to put my breakfast bowl in the sink, and saw him floating at the surface, legs sprawled out. The current was moving him slowly around, until it brought him back to the outflow of the filter. I expected him to react to the sudden shift of speed, but he didn't... he just floated there, going with the flow... His eyes were glazed over, and when I nudged him he didn't move. I picked him up, and it seriously looked like he was dead! He wasn't moving what so ever. I put him down on one of my cups (I use them to take back dead fish), and I thought I saw him move... I sat there for a little while, but he didn't move again. So I nudged him gently, and he weakly moved his arms.

Since then, he's moved a little bit, and I put him in the cup with a little water and some java moss. He's floating in the cup in the tank, but doesn't look to be doing good I don't know what to do. He's been eating, and I've seen him shed his skin. I don't know what could have happened!

Edit: didn't see the video, looking now though. Need a serious pick me up >.<
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #1217 
Chesh

OH NO! *cries* Poor Kili. . . assuming that the water parameters are good, and it doesn't sound like bloat, or an injury - I don't know what to tell you. Kili is still fairly new, so it's possible that he came home with an illness that is just now getting the better of him. ADF are tough little critters, but when they do get sick, they get really sick, really fast, and it's hard to turn it around. I wish I knew what to tell you to do, but I think you're doing everything you can already. I really hope he's okay *worries* Maybe just a lil' R&R in the cup will help him feel better. . .
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #1218 
LittleWatty

I sent Gizmo a message looking for help as well, but right now I've just got him floating in there with the lights off. Fili seems fine, moving around like nothing's wrong, so I'm hoping he doesn't have it too. They're going on two weeks now, so I was hoping the worst was past :( Kili has moved a little more, and is less sprawled out. He pulled in his legs a bit, but is still just floating there.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #1219 
Chesh

I hope Gizzy can help, too. . . poor little baby.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #1220 
LittleWatty

Kili's gone I checked him before I left for work, and the cup just smelled like death. Sigh... Fili seemed ok before I left for work (though, he was trying to be by Kili the whole time! It was so depressing!). Hoping he'll be ok... I'll be so depressed if I lose both!