Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #31 
AyalaCookiejar

Sakura8 told me that as a breeder, he's sometimes looked down upon because of his "form" because he doesn't inbreed with his lines and stuff like that. This means that his fish are genetically stronger.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #32 
broncosfan84

Good to hear...I am in love with the 6he sold me. I will be buying from him again. :)
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #33 
Xaltd1

I will say that one of the fish of his I have is a little funny-looking; her body is proportionately longer and slimmer than other bettas. BUT, she is a beautiful, healthy fish! I don't plan on breeding or showing, so I don't care.
I can't wait until I can figure out how I can take good pics of my bettas. It's so hit-or-miss. There must be a thread on this subject somewhere.
Check ebay, too. Breeders are "clearing inventory" & there are bargains.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #34 
broncosfan84

I'll try that....thanks a bunch
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #35 
Shadyr

Make sure you are keeping the new ones separate for anywhere from a few days to a week or so to make sure they don't introduce any unpleasantness to the tank.

I've been floating my new girls in their cups in the big aquarium for the last couple days of their QT. This lets them see their new home without their new flatmates being able to get TOO up in their faces. *so far* this has worked great, by the time they are released, they have been thoroughly inspected by the existing girls. I've actually had a funny problem on the last couple of releases...I turn the cup gently on its side to let the new girl swim out. Which is fine, I then have to wait for up to 4 existing girls who swam IN to determine for themselves that there's nothing exciting in the cup

All of my sorority girls are chain purchases, and yes, I did lose multiple ones either before or shortly after release (None were issues with the other girls though, at least), but as someone else said, just because they come from a chain and ore often in a fragile starting state doesn't mean they shouldn't have a good home.

Keep at it, you'll arrive at a stable group, and when you get there, it's great!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #36 
Xaltd1

I've been floating my new girls in their cups in the big aquarium for the last couple days of their QT. This lets them see their new home without their new flatmates being able to get TOO up in their faces. *so far* this has worked great, by the time they are released, they have been thoroughly inspected by the existing girls. I've actually had a funny problem on the last couple of releases...I turn the cup gently on its side to let the new girl swim out. Which is fine, I then have to wait for up to 4 existing girls who swam IN to determine for themselves that there's nothing exciting in the cup [/quote]

LOL, bettas are SO SMART- when you have a good group of girls, it's hilarious sometime! They're like little dogs, everything must be investigated! This makes the sorority a really worthwhile endeavor. I think I've said it b/f but, since bettas aren't "schooling" fish, they are always up to something. They love to investigate the cleaning equipment! I have a tool to cut dead leaves- I have to be careful of 9 curious fish!!!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote