Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #11 
emilyghetto

I recieved a "gift" 3 days ago also. A coworker brought me a luck bamboo vase with a betta fish stuck in the bottom as a sympathy gift after my dog passed away. I guess it's the thought... I am a registered veterinary technician with alot of reptile and avian experiance so alive is alive. Needs are needs. A vase? I spent 6 hours reading about theese little guys, figuring out wht would make him happy and healthy. It was clear from the moment she handed him to me he COULD NOT stay in that tiny vase. So two trips to the fish store, $97.00 and a full tank cycle later I think I have a happy little man. LIVING CREATURES DO NOT MAKE GOOD GIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!! So here I am a new fan of the betta fish not by choice but ready for the challenge.
emilyghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #12 
AHoneycutt

I told my mom it was fine. Sadly one of our little bettas died during the night; found out that he was dropped yesterday on accident. We got him from petsmart so we are hoping they will let us exchange it out. Our vases are going to have to make do for the moment till tax time is here, but we have already figured out what all we will be buying. But now for the mean time will a heating pad on low be okay to keep under the vases?
AHoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #13 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHoneycutt View Post
What heater would be recommended. I am looking at them and completely lost on them, lol.
Welcome to the forum. Warning, this might make you become addicted to Bettas! Many people like Elite heaters and Hydro minis (around 15.99). Avoid Tetra heaters/Top Fin heateers. They are the generic brands of Petco and Petsmart and the temperature fluctuates like crazy. Adjustable heaters are best, so that you can set the temperature. I found one on Ebay that was only $9, and it works really well. If you do some searching on Ebay and Craigslist, you may be able to find deals on some of the little things.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #14 
Summerwind

This is a great heater, once again someone on here recommended it to me and I'm glad she did.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006JLPG8/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1
Summerwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #15 
Freyja
Banned

I was going to mention that the temperature spectrum should be closer to 75-80 as temps under 75 are a little too cold for betta and can lead to weakened immune systems.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote