Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #31 
EvilVOG

Haven't been keeping up on my log as much lately. Three months old or so, lost another one to the siphon hose.

Most are now able to eat full size pellets, and anything else that hits their water including one trying to take a chunk out of one of my knuckles during a cleaning.

bigger ones are 1 3/4 - 2 inches not real long but big around. Thinking due to their parents both being runts these will probably not hit true giant sizes.

Can probably start selling them soon as they will need to be separated anyway, just want to be sure it's warm enough before i start shipping them. I do have heat pads on hand it's just i live in a part of the country that can become 25 degrees below freezing in a day after it's 40 or 50.

Here's some vids, first one is the little tank with the "runts" second one is the big tub, and that's why it's sort of blurry.

If you're wanting reds don't hold out hope, you may see the one that's soild red in the tub, and the runt that's red and blue in the little tank, both of those will be ones i keep.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200561039647158
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200561135849563
Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #32 
aemaki09

Wow! There's do many of them! I would love to get a pair out of your larger tub! Preferably darker colored ones with good form
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #33 
EvilVOG

Decided i'm going to start pulling some tomorrow, mostly keeper show fish to preserve their fins and attitude conditioning But whatever extra space i have i will see what i have for you.

Note that none of them are completely black, the ones that are really black have a blue irid. wash on them, the other dark ones are what i'm going to call "Dark Cherry" - red over black probably a condition of the pineapple that seems to be pretty prevalent in this spawn.

Spotted a couple that have developed blue fins, and one that has some marble/dalmation type clear patches in his finnage. you can see him breifly in the tub vid.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #34 
aemaki09

I would love to see a pic of that dalmation type! He might be perfect for what I'm looking for. Also those dark cherries sound really interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing what your talking about if you have the time
Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #35 
EvilVOG

Here's one of the "Dark Cherry" bettas, unfortunately my camera likes to over saturate the color. the red is a much darker color, both on the fins and on the body.

Here's my Red boy, probably going to breed him, may also show him but he apparently tore his dorsal a little bit overnight.

Here's the oddball marble/dalmation/cellophane boy. He has a fantastic attitude so i may hold him back for show, and if/when he gets sold i'm probably going to put a crazy number on him.

Here's the blue and red boy, also a keeper:

And here's Goliath... was the biggest boy in the little tank. He's only 2" long but he's so big around.

Gotta find some more lids for my jars, then i can separate some that i may sell. Will work on that maybe tomorrow, I was pretty busy today.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #36 
aemaki09

I am in love with the reds and dark cherries! If you can find me a pair that have good form that won't end up being keepers I would live to take them off your hands :)

I also noticed you lived in Detroit, do you ever get towards ohio?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #37 
EvilVOG

i do have a red male that has a bunch of white on him that will most likely go to be sold.

I do occasionally get to Ohio, but never far from the I-75 corridor. Not all that often though. I am hoping to get a job in Toledo that i have been interviewing for.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #38 
Crowntails

I love Goliath. He's a beauty!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #39 
aemaki09

That male sounds really interesting.
I get up towards the Toledo/maumee area a couple times a month that's why I was asking. Hopefully you can get that job!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #40 
EvilVOG

The weather needs to quit so i can start moving these. Should have been already working another spawn. Need more space but i don't pay retail and people around here think their used aquariums are made of gold or something.

If anyone local is wanting some we can work something out.

Log entries:

2/22 had some in jars for a while, had a few surprises There was one male that was sort of marbled that i decided to keep for show, and now there's a female that had red fins that over the past week the red is disappearing. Injured fish heal crazy quick, it's hard to comprehend actually. There are at least two with blue fins, possibly three or four. One of them is almost BF with red and blue. The marbled boy blew a nice bubblenest after the last water change, a few days after the rest of the jarred males blew little ones of thier own. Mostly just around 2 inches. Need the weather to break so i can start selling some. Got super cold just as they became big enough to sell.

3/4 The red loss female has oficcally lost the last of her red. It seems there is another dark male beginning to turn marble like the original. Still just around 2". A big 2", but not 3... think that's going to be it for these. Tried to separate the BF blue/red male, but instead got the blue fin female. The jarred males blow nests every time i change thier water. Weather needs to break so i can ship. It has not been above 40 for at least a month now.

Photos - red loss female (keeper):

And the Blue finned girl:
Closed Thread