Betta Fish Forum banner

AquaBid questions.

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  madmonahan 
#1 ·
So, I have fallen in love with this guy: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1361004336
But I don't know much about AB.
My questions: I read through everything but still don't get it all. These might seem stupid. :p
what would the overall price of this fishes shipping be?
If DOA accors, what does this seller mean exactly, do I get money back?
I know they don't look the same when they arrive from being stressed, but will he get settled and look like this?
Do you think he will bite his tail a lot due to him having big fins?

I will most likely come up with more but this is all for now. :)

#2 ·
For the DOA policy, it means he will refund the cost of the fish/replace the fish, but not the cost of shipping it to you.

I have had heaps of HMs sent to me both from interstate and overseas, and only a couple ever bit their tails. None of the HM males I got from Thailand (I think three or four) ever bit their tails during the trip to Australia, the seven days in quarantine, or the trip down to me here in Melbourne.

#4 ·
what would the overall price of this fishes shipping be?
total cost would be: cost of fish plus $5 for shipping from thailand to the US, then depending on if you pick priority or express, 25-40ish for shipping from the transhipper to you (unless you live close enough to pickup)
If DOA accors, what does this seller mean exactly, do I get money back?
You will either get a new fish of the same quality, or you will get your money back, shipping is not included in refund, and if you ask for a replacement you will have to pay shipping costs again. But from what I hear it is REALLY rare that you will have a DOA
I know they don't look the same when they arrive from being stressed, but will he get settled and look like this?
Yes, He'll go back to full color within a week or two. The boy in my avatar looked white when I first got him, then went to yello and took about 5 days to become fully colored again - he wasnt imported, but he still lost a lot of color.
Do you think he will bite his tail a lot due to him having big fins?
It could definitely happen, but I wont say that he will for sure, nor do I know how likely it would be for him to do it.

#6 ·
Good deal! I hope you end up getting him!!
I'm still working on getting enough money to import, the fish overseas are GORGEOUS! but they are so darn expensive!!

#8 ·
Okay here is an e-mail I got from Linda Olson about her fees to ship 2 fish to me.

Express Mail: Import fees @ $1.20 per fish $2.40 / handling @ $2 per fish $4 / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Express Mail $36 / total $49.20
Priority Mail: Import fees @ $1.20 per fish $2.40 / handling @ $2 per fish $4 / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Priority Mail $16 / total $29.20

So, I was a little off on costs. Total you would be paying 51.20 this is the price of the fish, shipping to the US, and shipping from transhipper to you for 1 fish. (this is from her to me, in Ohio, actual shipping cost may vary to you but probably not by too much)

I think that Kevin in NY and Jesse in Miami might be a bit cheaper, and closer to you, but I know jesse wouldnt ship priority to northern states till spring, and Kevin was bad with communication so I dont remember if I ever even got a reply telling me what fees were.

He is a very pretty boy though! If you have the money to spend, he seems like he would be well worth the investment!
Goodluck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.