Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #21 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by junjun0857 View Post
ok so now i will feed her more, give her more nutrients needed to standby first and then i try again maybe in two or three days time

PS:i tried removing the female from the jar and put the male tgt ( will remove immediately), wanted to see the reaction, it ended up that my female betta was chasing after the male one... the male one was running away the whole time, i dont know should i laugh or not...
???? . . . How were they swimming? When in breeding mode, one will follow the other - sort of "follow the leader" game. They will swim in a wriggly style covering the whole tank. But in fighting mode they just swim normally and if afraid will often dash away. This is why it's important that you understand this body language.

If male previously flared, and an aggressive female in fighting mode is released, they will fight. It is very unlikely the male would run away.

Since you're starting over, try a different male, a male that has a bubble nest in his solitary tank. He is more likely to be in breeding mode.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #22 
junjun0857

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
???? . . . How were they swimming? When in breeding mode, one will follow the other - sort of "follow the leader" game. They will swim in a wriggly style covering the whole tank. But in fighting mode they just swim normally and if afraid will often dash away. This is why it's important that you understand this body language.

If male previously flared, and an aggressive female in fighting mode is released, they will fight. It is very unlikely the male would run away.

Since you're starting over, try a different male, a male that has a bubble nest in his solitary tank. He is more likely to be in breeding mode.
the male just swim in a straight line as fast as he could and wasn't flaring, the female was flaring and chasing against him. the female is probably in fighting mode and the male was probably tired

Last edited by junjun0857; 02-14-2013 at 03:47 AM.
junjun0857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #23 
junjun0857

also can i ask how do u relief stress from female betta?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #24 
Myates

For this pair, relief of stress would be away from one another in their own tank. Place them in their own tank, don't let them see another fish but each other and only for 10-20 minutes a day. Let the male build up his confidence once more, let the female become more receptive to breeding. It's a lot to do with how ready/prepared the fish are when it comes to successful spawning. Not ready = no spawning and risk of injury.

This is a female who is in the middle of breeding.. notice her large belly (was bigger, but had already laid some eggs). Not shown in the picture, but she is very submissive at this point to- whenever the male comes near her she goes head down and tilts to the side. Didn't want to disturb them, but you get the idea of what the female should look like when ready to pop with eggs.
(They are in a plastic bin within the tank, plastic bin has nothing but an IAL leaf for nest anchor - the bin helps to keep them focused on one another)
Attached Images

Last edited by Myates; 02-14-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #25 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Males don't usually do that. Are you sure he is a male?

Stress: Totally isolate, if possible in the dark for a few days. The longer the better. Isolation will make them more confident and will make them flare against other bettas. Before showing/flaring them to another betta, try mirrors. With mirrors . . . well the reflection won't chase the betta away. LOL. If it flares against a mirror then try other bettas. Use females as sparring partners. When you feel they are very confident, then you can other males to spar. . . Oh remember, Flare only a few minutes and color influences mentality. Don't flare them to a color they are afraid of until they have regained their confidence.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #26 
junjun0857

ok thx for the help so far guys