Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #11 
Crowntails

I'm not a huge doubletail fan and some rosetails.

When I get a betta, I always get one that looks like he wants to break out haha!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #12 
Sivan

Personally, I don't like when Betta fish have heads (especially around the eye area) that are very dark or black. I notice a lot of blues in pet shops have bright blue bodies and really dark heads. I can't see their faces and it bothers me.

I also don't like a bunch of little black scales along the side of a Betta's body. I don't mind a few cute freckles but too many are off putting.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #13 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Personally, I don't like when Betta fish have heads (especially around the eye area) that are very dark or black. I notice a lot of blues in pet shops have bright blue bodies and really dark heads. I can't see their faces and it bothers me.

I also don't like a bunch of little black scales along the side of a Betta's body. I don't mind a few cute freckles but too many are off putting.
I tend to find that the deeper the blue, the blacker the head.

Turquoise or mint greens have reddish brown.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #14 
Luimeril

mmm..... when i look for a betta, i don't usually look at color, but i am picky about it. i'd rather not have one that's too common of a color. i love 'different' bettas. 's why i chose Cammy, instead of one of the males.

tail type and such doesn't matter to me, but i try to stay away from CTs. 's 'cause my water causes their fins to mess up.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #15 
Kiyi

My only pet peeve is when my betta just HAS to try and jump at my fingers when I'm sucking poop out.

The big pipette thing I have is just long enough to reach the gravel in Shane's 10gal. When I go to get poop out, he just kinda stalks around my hand, just waiting for me to get close enough to jump at. I'll look at him, and then at the poop, it's always so close, but if I go down any farther he'll be able to reach my fingers. xD

He's scared me many times this way, I'm really jumpy, so I'm always worried I'll jerk in the wrong way and hurt him when he does it! Silly Shane, leave my fingers alone. D:<
Kiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #16 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
mmm..... when i look for a betta, i don't usually look at color, but i am picky about it. i'd rather not have one that's too common of a color. i love 'different' bettas. 's why i chose Cammy, instead of one of the males.

tail type and such doesn't matter to me, but i try to stay away from CTs. 's 'cause my water causes their fins to mess up.
I'm kinda of that way too. A fish really has to wow me to though with its color and look (it has to be unique)--otherwise I would buy every fish in the store!!

I'm picky now. I used to love CTs and VTs, but I have 2 Halfmoons, 1 Double tail HM, 1 Deltatail Hm, and a HMPK. I have a CT female who is pretty, but I'm on a HM kick lately! And not of them look alike! I wish I could find a pretty VT, but all of the ones at Petco and Parsmart have really bad fins.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #17 
paris38

When I buy a betta I go for the cutest face.I don't really like king bettas or pla-kats all that much though.
paris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #18 
dbrooke1

i saw a betta once that had dalmation-type spots except his tail was covered with different shades of blue. his color was white and lightish blue steel. he was a halfmoon plakat and one of the most beautiful bettas i've seen. he was from aquabid too. *drool*
rosetails and crowntails are my favs, but i think every betta is special. :)
although, my pet peeve is when one has a brownish color on them or when they are all black.
dbrooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #19 
veggiegirl

I like a good neat edge on the caudal fin, especially on halfmoons, I love that perfect D shape however I love all bettas in general and messy caudal or not I will buy one if I like the colour
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote