Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #51 
Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
If there wasn't a market for them I wouldn't be raising them and the overseas breeders wouldn't be shipping them to pet stores nation wide.
Will you relax? If you carefully read my previous post you will notice I typed "there just isn't large enough of a market". I carefully made sure I didn't make any extreme claims and yet you're still on the defensive.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #52 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
Yes, I have a VT. I know how you feel:

Looks like another leisurely walk through Petco... "Oh, look at that, a Betta. What a coincidence. Oh, he's looking at me! Wow. Looks like I have to get him. Such a pity..."
LOL!!!!!!!! That's how I wound up with all these fish and probably $1000 worth of equipment!!! That one, sad, plain little VT girl that swam up to me in her cup, looked me in the eye and said "Bring me home!!!" (Then, oh, she's lonely, let's get a sister for her and a bigger tank... oops, you can't have 2 females together.... )
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #53 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
Will you relax? If you carefully read my previous post you will notice I typed "there just isn't large enough of a market". I carefully made sure I didn't make any extreme claims and yet you're still on the defensive.
Who's being defensive? I was just trying to let you know that there is "a large enough market". There's probably more Veiltails sold every year than all the other types combined.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #54 
Luimeril

this one's beautiful, Chard! <3

i have a lot of VTs. the one i got from Chard, my marble, has amazing finnage. not my favorite, in terms of VTs, but he's got potential. :B the red i got from the pet store, however, is nearly perfect. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #55 
kandaila

I love my boy. He wasn't marked but I'm pretty sure he's a veil tail. He has the cutest blue eyes.
Attached Images

kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #56 
Xaltd1

How beautiful!!! I have a female EE, Mist, with the same coloring. Did you get him from a breeder?
My breeder's label for Mist reads "HM PK Dumbo". I'm not sure how you can have a HM PK. I'd love to breed for this color of ours, but I'm not sure having an EE in the mix would be a good idea. OT a bit, are certain colors genetically associated with fin type?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #57 
Xaltd1

Oops, my bad. Just went to the sticky; I guess you can have a HM PK, it's just pretty subtle in a female. I've got to correct my signature AGAIN.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #58 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
How beautiful!!! I have a female EE, Mist, with the same coloring. Did you get him from a breeder?
My breeder's label for Mist reads "HM PK Dumbo". I'm not sure how you can have a HM PK. I'd love to breed for this color of ours, but I'm not sure having an EE in the mix would be a good idea. OT a bit, are certain colors genetically associated with fin type?
HMPK is a fin type of Plakat. There are Traditional, Show and Halfmoon. Then there are what's called transitionals or "tweeners" that are crosses of two of those so that they are neither one nor the other specific type. Any color can be bred into any fin type. The bottom half of this page you will find the standards for Plakats and Shortfin Halfmoon. http://www.bettas4all.nl/viewforum.php?f=29
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #59 
kandaila

I got him from a petstore where they do breed their own bettas. There were a bunch that all came out at the same time with simular colors. Most had more of the blue in the fins. Star was the purest I could find he has a light blue that almost looks iridescent on his fins and a little bit of black that sneaks in too. You can't see from this pic but he's opaque almost all over except for his lips. Its adorable!
kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #60 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
the EE I showed you is a HMPK, his tail spreads to 180* when he flares.

all of these veils are totally amazing, and if they can be shown in the variations class, then us fanciers should be flooding them with nice VT's, they'll have to give us back our own class!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote