Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I guess I'm a little oldfashioned but I really don't think kids 10 or 11 years old need a cellphone. I never had one at that age and I survived. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #12 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I guess I'm a little oldfashioned but I really don't think kids 10 or 11 years old need a cellphone. I never had one at that age and I survived. Lol
I as well. My kids likely won't get a cell phone unless they EARN it. If in school they've proven themselves through grades then come high school we may think about getting them a basic cell phone. Only to call, no texting. If they're going out with their friends, I'd rather them have their own phones to call us if the need arises.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #13 
nel3

just a small update on my search. ive looked at those on the market LG F4N, LG A341, C414, MXC628 and WX416. i looked at online reviews at what some had issues with. i know relying on online reviews isnt the best source but it gives an idea how the do. i do know ther higher end flip phones may be better but such functions arent needed in my case. ive narrowed it down to the F4N and the A341. the 341 has its own connectivity issues as do the others (other models have other issues) i mentioned. i havent seen any reviews for the F4N but i dont think that's 100% problem free.

due to current choices the F4N seems to be the better choice as i have current services with the carrier ie phone internet tv. i'll probably have to go with a contract over prepaid as per model availibity and $ to recharge the phone. i do need to drop by 2 other places before choosing the phone but i might be open to the higher flip phones if the price is right.

as for young children and phone/tablet tech, i do have certain oppinions to have age requirements before one can own such technology. i can see the convenience of young kids having them but i do beleive they need to know more basic tech before moving up to the current tech. it'll be hard to break bad habits if they get used to it very young imo.

Last edited by nel3; 02-14-2013 at 06:54 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #14 
FishyFishy89

If you're just using this phone to call for emergencies or call family/or friends, I wouldn't worry too much about reviews. As long as the phone holds a charge and the buttons don't fall off, I say it's good.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #15 
nel3

i do worry about reviews to a certain degree so i can trust the phone to work when it needs to. that being said, none of the basic phones seems to be bulletproof so i'll probably have to be prepared for some minor issues.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm going to have to get unlimited texting since I'm texting more lately.nAlso, when we move we aren't going to have a landline.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #17 
rubinthebetta

As FishyFishy said, as long as it's not falling apart, it's good. In my opinion I prefer smartphones, but I can see where you're coming from. Good luck!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #18 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
@Lebron...why your parents gave you an Iphone 5 at your age I have no idea but I digress.
Nel3 I think acquiring a cellphone for emergencies is a good idea. Look into pre-paid phones or search for the cheapest plan that fulfills your needs. Usually the barebones phones will be free.
It's kinda suprising but most of my friends have IPhones too, they have the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. So to me it's not suprising that Lebrun has that phone, also. I rarely ever use my phone. Just when Im home alone
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #19 
LebronTheBetta

I earned mine through chores and school grades. It was Christmas time so it was also my present. If you only want to use your phone to call and for emergencies, the "old" ones should be okay. As long as it works and it meets your necessities, it's good.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #20 
nel3

i had the option to use my parents' old razor phone but the sticker pads for OK slide off. the issues with the phone probably is limited to getting a new battery and the sliding label. i dont know if my parents will toss the phone but i found the phone to be too smooth to my liking.

i donr know if this'll be a problem with my new phone but the batteries lasted 20hrs in standby and 3 shortcalls. i dont know if this is simply just the current charge prior to activation being used up but i'll see how well the batteries hold up since ive charged it fully. did anyone ever have such temporary issues with battery life just after 1st activation?

Last edited by nel3; 02-18-2013 at 06:33 PM.