Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #1 
shellieca
Reference Team

Can't stop thinking about that beautiful DS boy

Yesterday I went to Petsmart for dog biscuits & of course took a look at the Bettas. There was this amazing DS Betta boy like none I'd seen, I put him in my cart, picked out a female to add to my sorority tank & then spent 30 minutes trying to justify buying another tank for this boy & where on earth I'd put it. In the end I put him back on the shelf. Now I can't stop thinking about him, that store is an hour from me & if I wait until Monday to go back he most likely won't be there & petsmarts tank sale will probably be over with. Oh what to do? I may go to my local Petsmart & get a 5.5g tank or a 10g (both kits are on sale), see what Bettas they have, if none talk to me like this boy did then make a trip back to the other store Monday on my lunch break. Although I may brave the traffic & go today! UGH! Being a Betta addict is not easy!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #2 
acitydweller

you are suffering from non-buyer's regret, a very familiar feeling for me...

i once saw a pure white HMPK at a hole in the wall pet shop in the city... after two days of reflection, i took the train back down just to pick the betta up and he was sold...

Yes i didnt have a tank ready for him at the time and likely would have to get a heater, gravel to quick cycle a new tank which i sort of didnt want to do either but i've come to terms that there will always be "another" betta.

I totally know what you went through and wanted to relate to you. TGIF!
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 
xShainax

Ugh, I know how you feel. I wanted to buy this beautiful blue and white marble CT and a half giant DS CT female, but I had no where to put them since I was buying a DS PK for my 29 gallon
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team

Well, I didn't go back & buy the one from yesterday BUT I did get a different boy today since I went to a different Petsmart . . . he was labeled as a half moon. I bought a new 10g tank with some accessories & he is now set up in it. His fins are a bit of a mess & he has a slight SB problem (I think) but he's beautiful. I'll post pics next time I'm on an actual computer & not my iPad.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote