Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #57751 
Laki

YAY congrats Bekah!! I shall go see pics.

Olympia, I bought valerian for my dog and when I opened it I was shocked. The smell was just.... overpowering to say the least. He ate them without a problem o-o How can something smell so.... sulphury? hahah Hope it works!

Do you spend a lot of time in your room during the evening? It was said that people who spend a lot of time in their bedrooms or studying/reading/arting in their beds can have sleeping problems. It was true for me when I lived at home and spent a lot of time by myself. Now I sleep a lot better bc my work usually gets done in the living room and I go in the room to sleep and I konk out in no time.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #57752 
ThePearlFish

LOL, the dog had 3/4ths of the couch to sit on and she started at the furthest end, nosing the blanket until she ended up plopping right on top of the blanket on my feet/legs :P.. I love that the animals worship me. I really do :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #57753 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I bought valerian to try helping my stress. Stinks to high heaven and it's nasty. Says you gotta take it daily for a few weeks before you notice a difference. Great. Hopefully I'll be less nervous soon. Says it's also a sleep aid, which is great cause it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep ever night (been like that all my life, then I read the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes- WHAT?). It says it also helps stomach cramps and pains.. Maybe it'll do something for my IBS (which I think is from stress anyways). Kill 3 birds with one stone much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Melatonin also helps you sleep. You take it 20 minutes before bedtime. As for stress and anxiety, you might try 5-HTP. It helps stabilize your mood.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #57754 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's because you have to be on valerian a while before it takes effect. Valerian is more effective than melatonin. I'm interested that it acts in the GABA pathway, which is connected to the digestive system, so if my IBS is from stress then it should definitely help. Caffeine also acts in the GABA, but not in a good way. So the valerian will probably go to war with the caffeine in me. xD
No I spend most of my day in my basement.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #57755 
FishyFishy89

oh...i remember getting pretty gasy when taking it with sodey.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #57756 
ThePearlFish

I think I am going to go get a hair trim. Take off all the rough ends, and find something for the BF to make up for my panic attack yesterday. Dunno what yet.

Also need to pick up some medicine for the pup.Then I really need to sit down and get studying for tomorrow, sighz..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #57757 
Laki

Have to go for a long walk now to the drug store across town to pick up a parcel. Wonder what's inside!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #57758 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Did you guys hear about the meteor and asteroid?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #57759 
FishyFishy89

no I did not
what happened?

------------------
Stupid Petco didn't order in my plecos! I called them Weds to ask if they did, the employee said "Yeah! I put in the order last Friday. Your Colombian Bristlenose will be here Friday." I went, and NO FISH!!! I told the Manager about my incidents and left to bring my money to PetsMart for a rubblerlip pleco.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #57760 
djembekah

I've spotted more babies. I'm wonderih if all the whitr spot were females? Lol
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese