Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #11 
PaulO

jus creepin

btw: the whole link on the acclimation was interesting. I just wonder if the same applies for an hour-ish trip from the lfs and not just for multiple hours of transport? Sorry for butting in I'll go back to creeping...
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #12 
MSG

Why is your manicured photo so blurry?

Is it the glass or the camera setting you selected when you took the photo?

I'm not sure why you're dabbling with the $15 plants since they run out of space to grow within a month or two.

Whenever I go away for a weekend, the new plants in the tank vanish/dissolve.

BTW, any of you NYC people going to be in the area during the CNY festival on Sunday? For trading purposes.

I was planning to head down there in the next 48 hours, but because of the storm, I might have to postpone.

I have a friend with a new restaurant in the meat packing district. I need to pay him a visit.
  • Phoenix Bettas are my Firefox orange finned spawn.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #13 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Is it the glass or the camera setting you selected when you took the photo?

I'm not sure why you're dabbling with the $15 plants since they run out of space to grow within a month or two.

Whenever I go away for a weekend, the new plants in the tank vanish/dissolve.

BTW, any of you NYC people going to be in the area during the CNY festival on Sunday? For trading purposes.

I was planning to head down there in the next 48 hours, but because of the storm, I might have to postpone.

I have a friend with a new restaurant in the meat packing district. I need to pay him a visit.
The tank is a vase, so the glass isn't exactly.... smooth. the human ees can ignorethat during viewing, but the camera cannot.

Dont worry about these plants... they grow sooooo slowly. hahaha. wemre talking anout slow growing rosette plants :3

Hmmm you looking for anything? I just got a batch of plants from acitydweller on tpt to RAOK. PM me...
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #14 
Option

Quote:

What is the CNY festival??
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #15 
MSG

Sunday 2/17 11am go to NYC stop by.....

Little Italy. That's where it begins.

Pretty self explanatory once you get there. Bring about $50 in cash in case you're hungry, a good camera and a bunch of batteries.

Only happens once a year.

Wear a warm jacket/coat. Should be in the 20's.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #16 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Little Italy. That's where it begins.

Pretty self explanatory once you get there. Bring about $50 in cash in case you're hungry, a good camera and a bunch of batteries.

Only happens once a year.

Wear a warm jacket/coat. Should be in the 20's.
hmmm I thought it was i. flushing, maybe there's two? lol
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #17 
MSG

That's what my friend mentioned to me.

Once you're at L Italia, you should be able to hear the drums & see the crowds. Or head over to where Hester St & Mott St intersect. It supposedly starts @ 1pm, but I'd be there at 10am because there's plenty of things going on.

Be prepared for the HUGE crowds & loud noises.

Also have some sense, because there will be pick pockets in addition to the undercovers. Leave the most expensive gadgets at home unless you absolutely need them.

That's another reason why I haven't gone to NYC that often.

Anyway.... I have other engagements, so I won't be there this Sunday, but I'll make an appearance there in August.