Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #21 
callistra

Glad to hear he's doing so well :)

You don't have to ever do a full change to remove you. You can just stop adding it with water changes and let it ease out. If you do a full change I would start cutting it in half and not remove all at once.

However, you don't need to remove it at 10 days. He can safely stay in it over 2 weeks if you think it's helping, but eventually he should probably be weaned off.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #22 
flyingpony22

He's in a fish bowl right now which I'm using as a makeshift hospital tank. I would say it holds about a gallon of water. I have it filled up to 60% now that he can swim around by himself. I add about 2/3 of a teaspoon of epsom salt. Should I up the dosage? I was afraid of adding too much because he's in so little water.

He is able to swim around and gets excited when I come into the room. When he's on a mission to get to the other side of the bowl, his swimming issues aren't so apparent. It's when he's swimming slow or just hanging by the surface looking at me that it's noticeable. Granted, he's a lot better then when he started, he just isn't where he needs to be yet for me to say he's cured and discontinue the salt. I have a video of him. I'll have to find a site that will let me upload it so I can show you guys. Might be a little more helpful.

He poops every day. I see some in his tank right now. It looks normal to me, like my other bettas. He eats omega one so its that's brownish red color, solid. Lol I'm not sure how else to describe it.

His fins look that same. Should I begin a fin rot treatment for him or wait a little longer until he's off the epsom salt. I have maracyn two, but I'm hesitant to just start it becaue I'm unsure how it will react with the salt.
flyingpony22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #23 
callistra

The fin rot should hopefully clear up on its own with clean water... as long as it's not getting any worse I would just stick with the epsom salts. These actually have mild antibacterial properties anyway.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote