Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #141 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
When you look at them head on, they look like little bunnies. Underwater bunnies. Just without the ears and they have fu-man-chus ^^

At least I think they do XD
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #142 
MyRainbowBettaFish

how adorable, and yes they do LOL

XD
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #143 
Wutwut

Name:  IMG_0221.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  54.0 KBName:  IMG_0225.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  72.7 KB
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #144 
MyRainbowBettaFish

awwww how cute! Hey, my one cory is acting a little strange. He eats for the most part, and somedays hes active others he just sit there. I see these dots on him, but i cant tell if its ich. Could it be sand from burying himself? im getting worried/....
Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #145 
Crowntails

I bet he's fine. My cories sit around all the time, they can't be swimming for forever!!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #146 
Kbud

I used to have a cory cat named Buddy. He was the best! He would at first come to see me when he heard my voice and that was awesome! Later on, he would freak out. I don't know why he did that. Nevertheless, I loved him and was sad when he swam on. SIP Buddy.
Kbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #147 
Wutwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
awwww how cute! Hey, my one cory is acting a little strange. He eats for the most part, and somedays hes active others he just sit there. I see these dots on him, but i cant tell if its ich. Could it be sand from burying himself? im getting worried/....
I think that's normal because my cories are not active for the most part. When I first had them, they were pretty active trying to get accustomed to their new surrounding. After that, they would like to sit there on the sand and do nothing. Sometimes they would swim to the top for air.

But during the night time when the lights are off, you see the cories more active swimming around in groups searching for food.
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #148 
Batmantha

I have 2 Albinos, who are absolutely crazy, if you open the lid they splash you when they "jump" to the top of the water level, My 2 peppered are relatively relaxed and hang out in the back with the peppermint bristle noses and my 2 Long fin pandas are sneaky little buggers when they want to be, they will be hiding in the driftwood until you go past them with the siphon and they make a bee line for your hand, scares me everytime. I did have 2 Jullii (I think thats what they are called) as well but unfortunately lost them when I got some very aggressive Widow Tetras which I then returned to the store
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #149 
Crowntails

I just got 2 more peppered cories. They are in my quarantine tank right now. Name:  IMG_20130217_131000.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  18.4 KB Sorry for the bad quality, its from my phone
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #150 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Ok some bad news. After the one started showing bad symptoms, i seperated it in a floating cup, and it passed the next day :( RIP. A couple of days later i have 2 SUPER RIDICUOUSLY active cories, refusing to stop swimming lol. Just this morning, my second corie repeatedly buried himself FULLY under the sand. I didnt see him, so i checked everything, untill i saw his tail sticking out of my sand, as he was head down tail up. I seperated him in the floating cup, and gave him a pellet which i dont think he touched. He is breathing VERY HEAVILY, like he ks oing to have a heart attack. He has been doing this for a while now, and im very concerned. My other corie doesnt seem to have a care in the world, is eating and growing fatter each day, and being active.

I am not sure what to do. My ph is stable, and ammonia is under 0.02 ppm.

The one that recently died looked like it could have had ich, but i couldnt really tell on its light plates.

to reduce disease should i do a 75% water change? Im REALLY WORRIED.

Thank you