Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #51 
Hadoken Kitty

And, ofcourse, I will be showing.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #52 
Skyewillow

1/ For those that adore the VT... are you an IBC member? Not yet, planning on it though.

2/ As a breeder of VT's, would you breed VT's to the current IBC standards colors and perfect them as we do in the other tail types? Current colors are:
Red
Black
Iridescents - blue, green and steel
Yellow
Orange
pastel
Marble
Grizzle
Butterfly
Multi
Metallic

[may be a few more.. standards not handy and these just come to mind]

I'm more than willing to brush up on the definitions of those colors and the overall standards

3/ Would you join the IBC and regularly send fish to shows? I need to know more about the process of showing fish, but definitely interested.

I'm pretty excited that there's more talk about bringing them back, it's a project I'd LOVE to work on with my fish!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #53 
trilobite

It would be good to have vt in shows. If vt breeders have an actual goal to breed towards and get rewarded for it then I think we could expect the overall quality of vt to increase dramatically.
I really like the Bettas4all standards for vt.
Imagine a dt geno vt. Massive pointy dorsal to match a massive pointy anal and a tail the same shape too Id buy one
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #54 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
It would be good to have vt in shows. If vt breeders have an actual goal to breed towards and get rewarded for it then I think we could expect the overall quality of vt to increase dramatically.
I really like the Bettas4all standards for vt.
Imagine a dt geno vt. Massive pointy dorsal to match a massive pointy anal and a tail the same shape too Id buy one
I'm going to be working on this exact thing. I said I was basing it off of a type of goldfish, lol. We've been discussing it in this thread. :3

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=128652
Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #55 
trilobite

Ooh that sounds real nice! Thats the kind of thing vts need, a bit of direction in their breeding.
The best colour I've ever seen was on a humble vt in a pet store, he was a perfect clean red with not blue irid at all
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #56 
Hadoken Kitty

I was going to breed an HM line, but this DTVT line sounds so intriguing I might put the first line off until I can get started on this one. :3
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #57 
Maddybelle

If I wasn't so tied up with my orange HMs, Blue marble HMS, and soon white CTs, I'd start working on black and pastel VTs. Hmmm, I guess I could use my blue-based HM boys and cross them to a clean blue VT girl and work towards pastel from there...
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #58 
Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post

3/ Would you join the IBC and regularly send fish to shows? I need to know more about the process of showing fish, but definitely interested.
I'm on the same boat here. Would be interested in competing (potentially) but want to know more about the process. As is, I'm already reluctant to ship my fish purchases on a plane but I guess traveling with your fish is an obvious requirement correct?
Option is offline   Reply With Quote