Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #621 
cdouglas93

I have a ten gallon with seven girls and was wondering what the amount of food I should feed them exactly? I've been guessing at this point.
cdouglas93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #622 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonUWS View Post
Great information on sororities here!

Late to the party here... been really busy with work and didn't have time to post about my sorority -

Started my sorority last fall with 4 gals (I know 5 is recommended) and things are still going great! All four gals are relatively the same age (size) and I have had little or no fights or nipping (fingers crossed!).
In fact, two of the gals are quite chummy and stay together all the time (strange?)... they are not nippy with the two lone girls and only occasionally give them a chase... the single gals just get out of the way... they all eat together and there have been no issues...

I've also noticed that the girls seem to have bigger appetites than all the boys I've had in the past. Is that just me dreaming that up?

My tank is heavily planted with lots of hiding places, floating plants, etc...
Seems to be working! Am I just lucky?

I have to say, I've only had male bettas in the past, but I LOVE having all the girls in a tank together... feels more like a family! Colors, MORE BETTAS!
Will post pics later...

NapoleonUWS
That's great! When you said 4gals I thought you had a 4 gallon tank and I was like whaaaaaaa O.O
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #623 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas93 View Post
I have a ten gallon with seven girls and was wondering what the amount of food I should feed them exactly? I've been guessing at this point.

I just feed until all the girls have a little bulge to their tummies, to make sure they all get something. Unfortunately I have a few pigs that eat more than everyone else, but so far they are just fat (not bloated) so it's working for me. :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #624 
AyalaCookiejar

I am so excited to set up my sorority! Ahhh! Love this thread :) reading about others with successful sororities is really encouraging (and exciting!)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #625 
LissaLooHoo

Hexagon or bowfront?

Hello! My tank now has been greatly set up now for about 5 months! The fish are healthy and happy, and I've recently added a sailfin tiger pleco, and it has become best friends with one of my bettas, Maralynn. I'm now looking to expand my 20 gallon regular dimensioned tank to a 36 hexagonal tank, what do you all think of this? I wanted to expand my betta family, and give them a nice bigger home. I am also conflicting however, with a bowfront hexagonal, and was wondering what you all suggested. Will the tallness of the hexagon be a hindrance at all? They LOVE the top, and way bottom of their tank now, and are constantly playing, and sleeping in the silk plants. So I thought a little upgrade was in store to give them more room. Thanks for the suggestions!!
LissaLooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #626 
LissaLooHoo

Also, what do you guys suggest for algae growth? I have been having issues with it lately.
LissaLooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #627 
logisticsguy

Try cutting down on the number of hours your lights are on.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #628 
Hyper27

I have an old 29 gallon that has been sitting off to the side for a while, and I was thinking of starting a Female Betta Sorority tank. How many females could i add in this (I want a betta only tank)? Additionally would it be possible to add just one male betta in to the mix?
Thanks, Hyper27
Hyper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #629 
logisticsguy

You could likely put 7-10 females in a 29g no problem with lots of plants. You could not mix in a male to the sorority.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #630 
cdouglas93

Well I have had my sorority tank set up for about a little over 2 weeks now and all seven girls are doing great. They are major piggies when it comes to meal time and so far I've had no issues beyond a tiff here and there between the smaller girls. Gotta say I couldn't be happier with my sorority.
cdouglas93 is offline   Reply With Quote