Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #111 
Skyewillow

Yea, someone told me I was an idiot for trying to rinse off my king when he went catbox diving, well, soaking him in water wasn't going to work if his gills were full of clay...

Are all the shows in Tx? I'd definitely go if it were anywhere near Mi! I'd like to be there in case there's an issue with one of my fish. (I used to show goats/ducks/rabbits)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #112 
Hadoken Kitty

I know they ship a lot, but I think it would be really cool to actually be at the show!!!

Also, if you ship TO the show, do you have to pay for the boxes/heat packs/insulation for getting them back as well? I would assume so.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #113 
Xaltd1

Cat box diving! Sounds just like a betta to me!!!!
What did the genius on the website tell you to do? I find people like that are long on criticism and really short on helpful information. Not unlike the rest of the world.
Can you tell I just got off phone with my mother?
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #114 
Skyewillow

they told me that I should've soaked him in warm water. He was completely caked. I thought he was cat poo until he moved!! It was horrible!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #115 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
they told me that I should've soaked him in warm water. He was completely caked. I thought he was cat poo until he moved!! It was horrible!
Awwww poor little guy!!! They're silly. Good thing you didn't listen. =D
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #116 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
Yea, someone told me I was an idiot for trying to rinse off my king when he went catbox diving, well, soaking him in water wasn't going to work if his gills were full of clay...

Are all the shows in Tx? I'd definitely go if it were anywhere near Mi! I'd like to be there in case there's an issue with one of my fish. (I used to show goats/ducks/rabbits)
You are not an I D ten T. You did what you had to in that situation. No not all in Texas. There are two different locations they have shows in out in California and two in Texas. I've sent my Bettas to the ones in Cali, Texas, Connecticut; Arizona and Illinois I believe. There's probably a couple others I can't remember. They discount the entry fees the more you send but one box I sent to California had 60 fish. At half price for over a certain amount was only $30 but the shipping was 75 freakin' out dollars! You can either have them sold at auction or sent back. Either way you have to send money or a shipping label for the return trip.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #117 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
You are not an I D ten T. You did what you had to in that situation. No not all in Texas. There are two different locations they have shows in out in California and two in Texas. I've sent my Bettas to the ones in Cali, Texas, Connecticut; Arizona and Illinois I believe. There's probably a couple others I can't remember. They discount the entry fees the more you send but one box I sent to California had 60 fish. At half price for over a certain amount was only $30 but the shipping was 75 freakin' out dollars! You can either have them sold at auction or sent back. Either way you have to send money or a shipping label for the return trip.
How much money do you have to send? Do they use the same box if you send with a label?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #118 
Chard56

See that's something I don't get. If you send 20 fish at $30 for exress shipping and you sell half of your fish at auction how can you predict how much it weighs to pay for a return label? The times I didn't have any marked for auction I sent a return shipping label (They'll ask for a return date when you buy it either online or at the post office) I figured 2 or 4 (I can't rmember) ounces of water per fish and weighed the box. The other times I had some for auction I just put so much extra in the paperwork envelope and hoped it was ok. You are to send an appropriate amount of bags for the return trip and all but one time they sent the same box back. Once I got somebody elses box. I think at least once I actually came out money ahead. They send you a check for any fish you sold at auction. 75/25% they keep the 25%.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #119 
Xaltd1

Whoa, they sell your fish??? I might like to try that someday. I thought it was like dog showing. You have to haul your animals and drive halfway across the country every time $$$$
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #120 
SolomonFinch

LOL, I have been eying the dragonscale initially posted on aquabid since yesterday. cannot make up my mind as i do not understand the shipping method.
he is gorgeous.
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote