Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #16641 
bethyMT

Shirley - momzilla over there is going to have a rude awakening once that baby is in her arms. When she realizes that this baby, this tremendous responsibility, is HERS. And really, hers alone, as her husband will be working and the rest of you have your own lives.

I remember after I birthed my first, it was the middle of night, they brought my baby to me to nurse, and she just cried and cried. And nobody was there to help. I cried too, because I realized that this big job was completely mine. Of course, I recovered and we all lived (she's 5 now), but that was really hard. The first baby is like an "event" but then you realize it's just the beginning of a lot of hard work and maybe not a lot of help. I imagine that's only going to be worse for a new mom who has obviously overthought it.

So, maybe if you can swing it after a few days, go see her and new babe and see how they are. Shock may humble her. And, if you can, bring a dinner...it is so hard to cook one-handed while holding a baby.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #16642 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyMT View Post
Shirley - momzilla over there is going to have a rude awakening once that baby is in her arms. When she realizes that this baby, this tremendous responsibility, is HERS. And really, hers alone, as her husband will be working and the rest of you have your own lives.

I remember after I birthed my first, it was the middle of night, they brought my baby to me to nurse, and she just cried and cried. And nobody was there to help. I cried too, because I realized that this big job was completely mine. Of course, I recovered and we all lived (she's 5 now), but that was really hard. The first baby is like an "event" but then you realize it's just the beginning of a lot of hard work and maybe not a lot of help. I imagine that's only going to be worse for a new mom who has obviously overthought it.

So, maybe if you can swing it after a few days, go see her and new babe and see how they are. Shock may humble her. And, if you can, bring a dinner...it is so hard to cook one-handed while holding a baby.
Well, thankfully she is living with her mom and inside I hate saying that. But I couldn't understand this shirt thing. Why make us all; wear goofy shirts? And they are white! My husband destroys white clothing. lol. She will catch on I think. She is already realizing she isn't going to be able to rely on anyone to babysit for her and she thinks she is going to go back to work in 6 weeks....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #16643 
Shirleythebetta

Work was better today. A little chaotic. I hope I didn't screw up the register. I had four kids chattering in my ear all at once and all tryed to pay with change... I love kids they are so adorably clueless. They even had to customers behind them giving them money to pay for their crap. It was slightly funny but I am glad my manager didn't see.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #16644 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Work was better today. A little chaotic. I hope I didn't screw up the register. I had four kids chattering in my ear all at once and all tryed to pay with change... I love kids they are so adorably clueless. They even had to customers behind them giving them money to pay for their crap. It was slightly funny but I am glad my manager didn't see.
If there's anything about working in retail that I could even come close to missing, it was that. Which is why I now work with kids. :P
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #16645 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
If there's anything about working in retail that I could even come close to missing, it was that. Which is why I now work with kids. :P
I won't be in retail forever. I don't like it and the money sucks. The problem I am having is I won't get my degree for a month and I can't apply for jobs I qualify for until then. Even the applications say that. So for now I am stuck in my retail nightmare. I have a regional manager coming on wedsday. Only my fourth day of work. I am a little scared to death.

The best thing about retail is getting to serve the good people. The ones who are happy and jolly and love to talk to you. I enjoy the social part of it.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #16646 
LittleBettaFish

Yuck I hated kids. Worked at Subway and when the line was massive over Christmas and other school holidays, parents would be holding their kids up to the glass getting them to choose their own sandwich and filling.

It seriously took ages to do one family.

I got to the point where I would almost shout out, "HAM AND CHEESE ON WHITE BREAD!! THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT. THAT IS ALL THAT THEY WANT!" as some parent would be going through every single piece of meat, salad and sauce that we stocked as if their barely out of diapers child needed to be consulted on what they were eating.

When I was that age my mum and dad used to just choose my food for me and I had to eat it. I remember spending ages alone at the kitchen table furtively throwing rice out the screen door to our dog so it looked like I had eaten it haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #16647 
ZergyMonster

My parents had mad decisions for my through my early years but by the age of 7 or 8 we were given the opportunity to get what we wanted but even then they only gave us two or three choices. It is what gave my brothers and I a chance to learn the importance of clarity and socializing. But I agree giving children choices when they are very young will bring them up thinking that they can get whatever they want.(today's kids)

I hate that my job comes in waves. I had a rush of 30 people come through my doors checking in and 3 people wanting to check out the gym and 2 people wanting to sign up for classes. I would really wish that I can get a robot to do half of my job.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #16648 
Viva

Wait, there's a whole entire thread dedicated to ranting? I wish I would've known that before my entire thread got deleted because I said I "hated" cats (MY CAT).

Anyways, has anyone's cat made them upset lately? Mine completely wreaked havoc on my plants in the aquarium and also scratched my betta's fins up.

Disclaimer: I love my cat and I completely accept full responsibility for everything she does.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #16649 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Wait, there's a whole entire thread dedicated to ranting? I wish I would've known that before my entire thread got deleted because I said I "hated" cats (MY CAT).

Anyways, has anyone's cat made them upset lately? Mine completely wreaked havoc on my plants in the aquarium and also scratched my betta's fins up.

Disclaimer: I love my cat and I completely accept full responsibility for everything she does.
\

OOO OOO OOO! -waves raised hand back and forth!- Pick me! Pick me! (LOL!)

My stupid cat won't eat wet food and she needs a lot of liquid in her diet. I am head desking and face palming most of the day lately.. >.>
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #16650 
LittleBettaFish

My cat has started waking up at 5am every morning demanding to be fed. It is like clockwork. The other day he was trying to get me to feed him dinner at 4pm in the afternoon.

His routine consists of hopping on the floor and scratching around on my pillows/doona, running across my head and pillow, putting his butt in my face and getting up and knocking things off my chest of drawers.

If I lock him out he puts his front paws on the door frame and drags his claws down the wood. He then also sits and meows until I let him back in. If you have owned an Oriental/Siamese before you know that they can be pretty loud.

He also keeps sneaking into my wardrobe and spilling the cup of dry food that I have in there everywhere. Yesterday he actually got himself locked in there and was fairly traumatised haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou