Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #11 
Mal72

Yea I've checked AB, I'm just looking for the right one to pair with him. He's got blue eyes too--not that you can see them in this picture--and I really want to pick a great female. Momma's not supposed to have favorites but.....
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #12 
valen1014

I don't know if this one complements him but just wanted to bring her to your attention since going through all the AB options can be a bit overwhelming ^^;

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1361469608

Hey! I just noticed we are Florida buddies ^^
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #13 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
I don't know if this one complements him but just wanted to bring her to your attention since going through all the AB options can be a bit overwhelming ^^;

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1361469608

Hey! I just noticed we are Florida buddies ^^
Wow she is gorgeous (from a completely I'm-addicted-to-Bettas-and-already-have-7-standpoint.) I have no idea if she would complement him either, but I really do love her.

And, yes we are. Born and raised here :) Although lately I'm not sure I'm still in Florida--on account that it has been FREEZING! Of course, you're further south than I am, but I'm still on the coast.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #14 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
Wow she is gorgeous (from a completely I'm-addicted-to-Bettas-and-already-have-7-standpoint.) I have no idea if she would complement him either, but I really do love her.

And, yes we are. Born and raised here :) Although lately I'm not sure I'm still in Florida--on account that it has been FREEZING! Of course, you're further south than I am, but I'm still on the coast.
Oops, sorry for the temptation lol XD She is rather pricey for a female though, even as pretty as she is I'm also at 7 bettas, and I think this is close to my limit! As a college student there are only so many water changes I can keep up with.

Right?! I've been freezing my butt off but then people from up north laugh at me for complaining

I was thinking if it is easier for you to have Jesse ship your bettas or to come down to get them... I mean it's like a 4 hour drive to Miami right? I happen to go school like 5 minutes from his house, so for me it has always been cheaper to get my bettas from outside the U.S. since I only pay $3-$4 for handling fees. I've been pretty spoiled thanks to Jesse...
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #15 
Kiara1125

Lol I'm moving to St. Augustine soon. It's colder here in Indiana! 2F with a wind chill of -14F!

Still, gorgeous female. But, if you decide to go with a CT the you might get some halfsuns. That would look pretty cool with his coloration.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #16 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
I do not have any definitive thoughts about breeding at the moment; however, I recently purchased this Halfmoon that may have potential. If I had to guess, I would say that he is in the 3-6 months range and very eagerly makes bubble nests after every water change. I have another Black Orchid HM, but his fins are more rosetail. I just wanted to know if I had any plans for breeding if he is a good choice?(provided I could get a good female) If not, I still love him regardless. Thank you for the feedback.

I'm sorry about the random glare on his face.
EXTREMELY round edges. Should have more branching too. I doubt he even goes to the full spread and if he does he barely makes it. Stair stepping in the dorsal. He should have a broader dorsal, thicker ventrals. He has too much iridescence on him. His caudal is also too small meaning it doesn't along with the dorsal and anal. He anal is too long aswell. It looks like uneven branching and there's a few short rays on the anal aswell.. I would not breed this fish. Wayyy to much work to fix all of the faults. I completely disagree with all. The people who said it can be corrected with the right female. It'd take multiple generations IMO
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #17 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Lol I'm moving to St. Augustine soon. It's colder here in Indiana! 2F with a wind chill of -14F!

Still, gorgeous female. But, if you decide to go with a CT the you might get some halfsuns. That would look pretty cool with his coloration.

Ooh awesome! I could definitely show you around. I love it and hopefully you will too! And....it was 40F yesterday, but today it's 68F and sunny. Still considered "cold," but with the sun it is not so bad. haha.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #18 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
EXTREMELY round edges. Should have more branching too. I doubt he even goes to the full spread and if he does he barely makes it. Stair stepping in the dorsal. He should have a broader dorsal, thicker ventrals. He has too much iridescence on him. His caudal is also too small meaning it doesn't along with the dorsal and anal. He anal is too long aswell. It looks like uneven branching and there's a few short rays on the anal aswell.. I would not breed this fish. Wayyy to much work to fix all of the faults. I completely disagree with all. The people who said it can be corrected with the right female. It'd take multiple generations IMO
It's okay. As I said, I have no immediate plans to breed any of them. If I was, this seemed to be the best candidate. I appreciate the feedback, though!