Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #151 
MyRainbowBettaFish

bump please help!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #152 
lillyandquigly

Here is Albert my albino pepper cory:D He's awesome, I have two other pepper corys, but they aren't albino
Attached Images

lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #153 
popcorndeer

can i get a cory if i get a 5gal tank?
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #154 
lillyandquigly

srry didn't see your other post until nw. How often do you feed them? They could be dying of overly fed or starvation, you should fill out the form in the ER section
Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #155 
lillyandquigly

@popcorn, cories like to be in groups of six or more (I am saving money for three more). So you would need a bigger tank
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #156 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorndeer View Post
can i get a cory if i get a 5gal tank?
Only pygmy cories. You could do a school of 6. Hard to find though. Any other cory is way to big. In such a small tank though, it needs to be planted.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #157 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
srry didn't see your other post until nw. How often do you feed them? They could be dying of overly fed or starvation, you should fill out the form in the ER section
No worries :)Ok, i usually feed them three days a week, but when i got them i was feeding them a bit more as they were skinny. My betta eats all the food i give to him, so my cories dont have much to eat from the sand. They do love eating the alage on my plants, though. Anyways, i feed them API Sinking Shrimp Pellets, which they wait till they break down before eating, as they are still about an inch. They LOVE the Hikari Alage wafers, which they get on occasion.
I am going to do a 50% water change to reduce any disease that might be in there.

UPDATE: I released the one cory i was holding because his symptoms and disease signs dissapeared, his breathing became normal, and he ate his pellet.
My two cories are schooling now, eating and being very active, with no obvious disease signs. My betta has learned not to eat their foodand to leave them alone, so he minds his own. He has been sleeping strangely though.

Thank you!

Also, how fast do these guys grow?!?! The two that i have now seemed to have grown ALOT since when i got them. Also, yes, they are albinos so it is hard to look for ich.

As of right now, they are doing fine.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #158 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntails View Post
Only pygmy cories. You could do a school of 6. Hard to find though. Any other cory is way to big. In such a small tank though, it needs to be planted.
I have to disagree with this. Technically speaking, i am not even supposed to have 3(now 2, one deceased) Albinos in my aquarium of 10 gallons. Many people have told me i can only get a MAX of 6 pygmies....

But i could be wrong...
Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #159 
Kitty Whiskers

Wink

Here are my 2 new Schwartz Cory Cats I got for my 30 Gallon Tank. One of my Oto Catfish wanted to be in the picture too LOL. I don't have names for them yet.
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #160 
Memphis

I got a weird question for Cori owners. Have any of your Cories suckled on your Betta's tail?

I caught Salt suckling on Kratos's tail when he's cat naps on the bottom of the tank. What is cute, Kratos just lays there until he gets annoyed by it and swims away. They have been feed well, so they can't be hungry to think a poor Betta's tail is a nice blood worm. I shooed him away to be safe.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote