Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #11 
r2d

Hello Oldfishlady. Thank you for the welcome and thanks for all the helpful posts you have contributed to this forum.
r2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum, its a great place for all the information you need about the proper care of Betta, I am a first time Betta keeper myself and this forum has helped me so much I love it !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #13 
eatmice2010

Welcome :)....Also stay away from semi-aggressive and aggressive fish for they will nip and they will also kill your bettas.
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #14 
r2d

So I have been researching what would be the best set up for my bettas.....divided 5 or 10 gallon or individual tanks. This morning I found a tremendous amount of bubbles in one section of the top of my 2 gallon petco tank. That's a good sign as to the happiness of my betta correct? Here is the tank. I don't use the filter, just do water changes thus far.

Should I get another for my other betta since one of them likes it?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #15 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh look how handsome they are!!! A 10g divided tank is an awesome idea! Betta heaven! Your sister's advice to go for live plants is a really good one. Of course, live plants aren't *necessary* for fishy happiness, but I did notice that my betta is in love with all of his (specifically the floaters at the top of the tank). It's nice to meet you, Mike! This forum has been helping me out a TON, seeing as I'm a new betta keeper too!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #16 
r2d

Hello all. These fish maybe smarter than i think. I wet my finger. Put a pellet on it. Put my finger with the pellet just above the water surface and my little white one can jump out of the water and grab the pellet.

On another note, i have two tank setups being given to me. A 10 gallon and a 15 gallon. I am going to divide the ten for these two guys. Not sure what i am going to do with the 15 yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

Hmmm. You could do one for each. OR...A SORORITY!!! =D
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #18 
r2d

Ended up doing a ten gallon divided tank with store bought divider. I had to make a baffle for the filter, my little guy was swimming sideways. Both are suffering from minor fin rot. Using water changes and aquarium salt to treat. The divider is not good because they can see right through it. They flare their gills and fins and really want to go at it.

On another note, i just started a 15 gallon tall tank with flourite and two filters going. Once it clears up, i am going to get some lighting and plants. I might put a betta in each tank and forget the divided idea. They are really stressed.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your tank looks very nice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #20 
Hadoken Kitty

You could always try to add in fake plants and just cover both sides of the divider with them. They're less likely to be able to see each other this way. If you can afford it, anyways.