Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #51 
dramaqueen
Banned

I loved my cat, even though she was ornery as heck. Lol
Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #52 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Heck I get mouthfuls of aquarium water all the time. Apart from when I nearly aspirated myself, it hasn't done me any harm.

I wonder too if the warmer water in tropical aquariums makes them more enticing.

Our outside cat is hilarious. He is forever springing out at us from bushes or 'helping' to do the weeding in the garden. His best party trick is that he recognises my mum's car and so he runs towards it when he sees it coming down the driveway or just stands there kneading and purring so I have to get out and move him. He doesn't do it to anyone else's car but God it gives you a heart attack when he pops out of nowhere.

He is the most cat-aggressive cat I have ever met. We tried several times to integrate him into the household and we just couldn't. He gets on the back of the other cats and really gets stuck into them. I think he would do some serious damage if he wasn't kept separate.

It's a shame as he is extremely affectionate and he spends much of his time outside moping at the door or hanging off windowsills trying to get inside. If he wasn't such a jerk he could come in.
LOL! Yeah I always get a mouthful when trying to get the siphon started. I figure if fish and shrimp and plants can live in it, its probably okay to drink :D
Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #53 
finnfinnfriend

You can keep them from drinking tank water if you keep the tank in a seperate room with the door closed...
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #54 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
You can keep them from drinking tank water if you keep the tank in a seperate room with the door closed...
yes. you can.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #55 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
yes. you can.
Then it's all good! And the cat gets the rest of the house to rule ;)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #56 
Laki

I couldn't ban Oliver from a room in our apartment.. It's too small!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #57 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I couldn't ban Oliver from a room in our apartment.. It's too small!
Lol thats why I'm saving up for a 3bdrm condo. The market is cheap!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #58 
LittleBettaFish

Haha our cats would sit outside the door for hours yowling and meowing if you locked them out and you were inside. My Siamese once jumped in with our big male German Shepherd and held him at bay outside the bathroom door because I was in having a bath.

Heaven forbid you have a life that doesn't involve them.

Whenever I finally get a house of my own, I want to have a big cat run area attached to it with a cat flap so that the cats can go in and out whenever they want. Ours just have to content themselves with going out on their harnesses in the front yard.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #59 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Haha our cats would sit outside the door for hours yowling and meowing if you locked them out and you were inside. My Siamese once jumped in with our big male German Shepherd and held him at bay outside the bathroom door because I was in having a bath.

Heaven forbid you have a life that doesn't involve them.

Whenever I finally get a house of my own, I want to have a big cat run area attached to it with a cat flap so that the cats can go in and out whenever they want. Ours just have to content themselves with going out on their harnesses in the front yard.
Yeah it doesn't work in a small apartment like I live in. They will claw the carpet up until they get in or meow until you can't stand it anymore. Not to mention my tanks are in the living room where the cat food and cat litter is. Cats that go outside are less of a nuisance because they're always outside where its fun!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #60 
finnfinnfriend

I love cats so much. I can't have them right now but there is a special place in my heart for them and as soon as I have my own place I want to get one.
Closed Thread