Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #21 
SolomonFinch

I have never used a photo hosting site...maybe once years ago I tried photo bucket. will have to try that again.
my nerves weren't too bad- i was more worried about my kids, etc from the power outage. i honestly didnt expect her- Peach- to live.
I finally used the gravel cleaner again... LOL she was NOWHERE in sight. Fish are more intelligent than given credit for.
Funny thing is, her recovery in her vase DID make her more sociable than ever. She was so used to sitting front and center, hand feeding, etc that now she rushes out to greet everyone. Little hostess ;)

Last edited by SolomonFinch; 02-20-2013 at 11:54 PM.
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #22 
SolomonFinch

BTW- how is your fishie? we had the same accident at the same time, LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #23 
Shadyr

At the bottom of any post or reply you make is a section of options. Except if you pick quick reply. Look for "Manage Attachments" - that should popup a window that lets you navigate to images on your system's hard drives. select one, click upload. Repeat for as many images as you want (you might want to resize them beforehand to make sure they aren't HUGE). Once you are done selecting, close that window. You should now see your attachments when you click the paperclip icon on the main compose window of the post/reply.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #24 
Nicci Lu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonFinch View Post
I finally used the gravel cleaner again... LOL she was NOWHERE in sight. Fish are more intelligent than given credit for.
Hah! Not mine. He thinks the pieces of gravel that float up in the siphon are food and stalks them. He butts his head against the plastic trying to get to them. Still. The difference between men and women?

He recovered pretty quickly, thank goodness. A couple pieces of tail got ripped off, but he was ornery as ever the next day.
Nicci Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #25 
SolomonFinch

ok
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #26 
SolomonFinch

The accident happened the evening of the 29th. She had all but blocked the water flow in the gravel vacuum, only a bit trickled through. She was under the pressure caught in a fortunate "bend" for 2 minutes. I placed her in heavily epsoned waterprobably 2 tbsp in 16 ounces. She was lifeless, pine coned out and tremndously swollen.
24 hours later the pine cone effect was smoothed but she was still swollen. by 36 hours, when these were taken (natural light, remember we were without power..or heat/fresh water for her!) she had reduced in swelling by half, but as you can see swollen. she was eating normally by the end of the week, but was not very strong at all. it took a bit over 2 weeks before she was strong enough to go back to the sorority. I withheld food from her for 3 days, due to the accident and worry about not being able to change her water. as you can see, and rightfully so, she defecated ALOT during her initial recovery.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #27 
SolomonFinch

BTW Thanks Shadyr! :)
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #28 
SolomonFinch

aw, i got kinda sad looking at these. she was still trying to cuddle to my hand even when i was holding her to a window snapping shots.
she is a strong little mermaid :)
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #29 
SolomonFinch

also
i kept her wrapped in a towel for a week. when she finally stopped lounging on the bottom or across her cord, swam eagerly for her food and fought her water changes... i unwrapped her.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #30 
Shadyr

I'm glad her unfortunate encounter tale has a happy ending
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote