Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #161 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I got a weird question for Cori owners. Have any of your Cories suckled on your Betta's tail?

I caught Salt suckling on Kratos's tail when he's cat naps on the bottom of the tank. What is cute, Kratos just lays there until he gets annoyed by it and swims away. They have been feed well, so they can't be hungry to think a poor Betta's tail is a nice blood worm. I shooed him away to be safe.
Nope, none of my Cory Cats have ever done that to any of my Bettas or to any of the other kinds of fish I have with them.

Does your Cory just slurp on the Betta's tail or is it biting off bits of tail too?
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #162 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
I have to disagree with this. Technically speaking, i am not even supposed to have 3(now 2, one deceased) Albinos in my aquarium of 10 gallons. Many people have told me i can only get a MAX of 6 pygmies....

But i could be wrong...
People have different opinions on this. I know of people keeping pygmy cories in 2.5 gallons and the pygmies do great. You just have to very diligent on keeping your water clean. 5 gallons is an appropriate amount of space for these little guys. Keep in mind, they only get around .75-1 inch compared Albinos which reach 3 inches.

I feed my cories 2 times a day. They need a lot of food because they are always moving! 3 times a week is way to little for them!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #163 
Memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Nope, none of my Cory Cats have ever done that to any of my Bettas or to any of the other kinds of fish I have with them.

Does your Cory just slurp on the Betta's tail or is it biting off bits of tail too?
Slurps it, spits it out, and does it again until Kratos moves away. I didn't see any missing tail or nothing. He started when Kratos wasn't feeling good, so maybe it has something to do them knowing something is wrong? Usually when they swim around Kratos, he gets irritated and flares at them.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #164 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I ended up contacting my local aquarium store. One of my cories started acting odd and changed to a darker color as well as he stopped eating and became alienated from his companions soon after I got him.

I researched that as well as the red that appeared on his paler bottom side and I'm now treating the whole batch. I'm not taking any chances.

The aquarium store has offered to replace any that I lose, but with any luck I won't lose any. Seachems metro is some good stuff, if little guy starts eating again I can breathe a big sigh of relief.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #165 
MyRainbowBettaFish

UPDATE: Mt two cories are eating and are SO ACTIVE!! For albinos, i didnt think i would have them so active! They are getting bigger each day! I bought them at half an inch, and now they are like an inch! Maybe the other one that passed last week was intially sick...
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #166 
cdouglas93

Are cories nocturnal? I have three spotted cories but all they seem to do is hide beyond a pot in the corner ALL day. I have them in a 30 gallon along with one male betta for the time being. Once I get more money I'll be purchasing more cories and a pair of mated angelfish. The betta is in there just for the time being.
cdouglas93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #167 
Wutwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas93 View Post
Are cories nocturnal? I have three spotted cories but all they seem to do is hide beyond a pot in the corner ALL day. I have them in a 30 gallon along with one male betta for the time being. Once I get more money I'll be purchasing more cories and a pair of mated angelfish. The betta is in there just for the time being.
I'm not sure but from my experienced, they're more active at night and during the day, they tend to hide behind plants or under the driftwood. Every time i shined my flash light into the tank when it's pitch black, see the cories swimming all over the place in searching for food and such.
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #168 
Memphis

I bought my trio cories Omega 1 shrimp pellets yesterday. They LOVE them. They haven't stop doing laps for two days straight lol They only stop to rest and then back at it again. Crazy Cories. I'm happy they adopted Po. I tried getting another Panda Cori yesterday, but Petsmart didn't have any in stock :c
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #169 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas93 View Post
I'd add 5-6 more to the group. They love to be in schools. That will perk them up.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #170 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
Lost the sick cory cat. Poor Mr.Barbalous v_v

The other two seem alright, but they're looking for him.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote