Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #1 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
The chinthe jaw

Have you heard the chinthe jaw out ?
My fish always open a mouth. And she can't eat.
I am not sure how she doing. She is 3 months, and I did breeding. I thought she ate feed big open mouth, then her chinthe jaw out.

How can I help her ?
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team
 
shellieca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, CA
I'm sorry I don't understand your post. You're feeding your fish but she can't eat? What are you feeding her (brand & type of food)? Does she try to get the food but misses it or isn't able to open her mouth?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
I'm sorry I don't understand your post. You're feeding your fish but she can't eat? What are you feeding her (brand & type of food)? Does she try to get the food but misses it or isn't able to open her mouth?
I am sorry.
She always open her mouth. And she looks like she can't eat foods.
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team
 
shellieca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, CA
They open & close their mouths. Are you seeing any white or fuzzy stuff in her mouth? Is she eating at all? What are you feeding her? What are her tank conditions; size, heated, filtered? How often do you change her water & how much do you change?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets
Member
 
LittleBlueFishlets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Is her mouth open all the time? Can she close it at all?

Has she always had this problem since she was born? Or is this something new?

When was the last time she ate?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #6 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
They open & close their mouths. Are you seeing any white or fuzzy stuff in her mouth? Is she eating at all? What are you feeding her? What are her tank conditions; size, heated, filtered? How often do you change her water & how much do you change?
On sunday, I feed small Tubificina. Then she can't open & close her mouth. Before feeding I always feed to Otohime. Her tank is 5 gallon, heatered and filter. I change water everyday, 50% and 100%.
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #7 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Is her mouth open all the time? Can she close it at all?

Has she always had this problem since she was born? Or is this something new?

When was the last time she ate?
Yes, she always open her mouth all the time.
No, I didn't see close now.

No, she didn't have any desease. But she born with 100 fry. Then her simble gone. She is only one alive.

I can't look into her mouth.
Is this chinthe jaw, like human ?
Or something desease ?
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #8 
GailC
Member
 
GailC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
chinthe jaw isn't a phrase in English, I think you have a wrong word in there some place.
To me it sounds like a deformity she was born with. Can you post a picture or video?
GailC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #9 
shellieca
Reference Team
 
shellieca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, CA
I think you are asking if the chin & jaw work the same as a humans? Yes, the chin goes up & down, there is a lower & upper jaw. If her mouth is always open then there is a problem & from what I understand of your post, you fed her tubificina (I don't know what that is) & then she couldn't close her mouth. . . is this correct? Does she appear to be trying to get something out like something got stuck? Is the jaw just hanging there?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #10 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
chinthe jaw isn't a phrase in English, I think you have a wrong word in there some place.
To me it sounds like a deformity she was born with. Can you post a picture or video?
I see my fish is not open and close her up&down jaw.

Here is pic
Attached Images
 
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.